Mohun Bagan Super Giant News

Comments

• JoyptanJoyptan 295 Points

Ashlesh said: >

> Joyptan said:

> This chould be the biggest "CHOMOK" mb officials can give to fans at the moment.

ha ha ha 
    even i heard stephen consteine refused to coach MB

Anyway mb chouldn't afford his wages.

"They paying odafa and tolgay so much" Thats why they can't afford him. Atleast not this season.

• > Joyptan said:
    > You can't afford to lose even a practice game at Bagan!: Santosh Kashyap
    >
    > http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2012-10-16/i-league/34497918_1_santosh-kashyap-mohun-bagan-bagan-offer

Have read his interviews. He talks crap.
    edited October 2012

“Mohun Bagan fans are devoted to the club and highly involved. They want the team to be on the winning side always, making them understand that it takes time is beyond reasoning,”

“When the management faced the heat due to the I-League defeats, I accepted responsibility as coach. Otherwise it would have been tough for the management to face furious fans.”

“With fans demanding results in every game, players have no option but to adjust. Like the way each new coach needs time to understand existing players and work out ways to get the best out of them, players require time to new coaches’ methods and thinking. Who will explain this to the fans?”

“I feel every coach looks forward to coaching a major Kolkata club. Even now, there are coaches willing to accept the offer from Bagan when it comes. Facing fans’ fury and fulfilling their expectations is part of the challenge. It takes just one victory to change their anger into celebration, we wereabout to turn the corner at Bagan. Call it luck or fate, I am not there to make it happen.”

“Before the Federation Cup, 12 to 13 players were sick due to various ailments. We didn’t come up from there. The preparation time for I-League was short, Odafa Okolie and Tolgay Ozbey (highly-paid foreign strikers) were free from injury but not match-fit when I-League started. We were creating chances, not scoring and conceding silly goals. It is collective responsibility — losing or winning —in a team game.”

All by Santosh Kashyap

edited October 2012

“The players know what is expected from them,”

“Odafa is a fine person and a professional. I have an excellent rapport with him and others, even now after leaving Kolkata.”

“It is a different place, quite unlike anywhere in India. Stakes are high, so are expectations. Fans demand results. The coach and players are paid to perform. I feel enriched by the experience and put into use all that was taught to me at the FIFA and AFC courses. Results did not come as quickly as fans expected,so be it.” :- Santosh Kashyap

• > Joyptan said:
    > “The players know what is expected from them,” said the ex-coach, denying the viewpoint thata coach can be overwhelmed by the presence of so many highly-paid players, Odafa for example. “Odafa is a fine person and a professional. I have an excellent rapport with him and others, even now after leaving Kolkata.”
    >
    > “It is a different place, quite unlike anywhere in India. Stakes are high, so are expectations. Fans demand results. The coach and players are paid to perform. I feel enriched by the experience and put into use all that was taught to me at the FIFA and AFC courses. Results did not come as quickly as fans expected,so be it.” :- Santosh Kashyap

What he ought to have known was he was paid to deliver and not to learn!

Santosh Kashyap was just overwhelmed by the inormus task at hand.

• > Joyptan said:
    > Santosh Kashyap was just overwhelmed by the inormus task at hand.

not overwhelmed, he was overawed  - awestruck. And hence he didnt get anything right. He did not do any preparation.