Online Chatting

Comments

• AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    edited April 2021
    Not a right place to post but then ........ take it as an old unemployed mans musings  :)

Man in a jade black long coat enters a tavern. "Ah! welcome. How may I help you sire?" bartender standing by the corner asked. He showed him a photograph and asked "I am looking for this house. Any idea where I may find it"

"Oh! My, why would anyone look for such a place, Haven't you heard rumors about it being haunted”
    "I got some work there" he replied. So you know or should I look somewhere else.

"Five miles north from here, next to an abandoned temple......but be warned, those who went there seeking thrill were never seen again" bartender replied.
    "Thanks for the warning" he smiled.

"May I ask what work you have in such a haunted place?" bartender asked.
    "I hunt them.....”
    "Pardon sire....."

He walked out of the tavern leaving the bartender bewildered. Kick starting his Harley-Davidson he made his way to the destination.
    Ten minute ride and he was outside the house. It started raining "Perfect weather for my hunt". It looked like a perfectly neat place from the outside as if people have been living here. It was the only residential building in the area. He moved towards the door but it opened on its own as if it was waiting for the visitor. He walked in as door shut behind. "What a messy looking place". It was indeed quite different to what it appeared from outside. He took out his gun by the side of his long coat and began searching.

Ground floor was made up of two rooms to the left with attached bathrooms. Everything was a mess as if none had entered the place in years. Two were to the right; kitchen and guestroom again in shambles.
    In middle where he stood was a great hall with pair of wooden stairs that lead to another pair of rooms directly above the ones below. He searched around but found nothing other than dust and cobwebs.
    He made his way up through the stairs and came across a room filled with bookshelves with antique looking books.

“That’s some collection” The room was filled with thousands of books of different shapes, sizes and color, all covered in dust and cobwebs. He checked them one after another hoping it will open some secret door. As he removed one of the tiny red books from the bookshelf a path open up.

"How old fashioned" one of the walls revealed a secret path which led him into a room with only a wall mirror. The room had only walls and no window. “If this place was ever used as a secret location and somehow the only way in was locked, it would be certain death”, he murmured.

He walked towards the mirror when the path behind shut, locking him inside. The cemented walls turned into gross flesh and its floor full of what appeared to be digestive juices. “An hour here and I would be as good as digested”
    He continued walking towards the mirror when numerous foul creatures jumped out of the mirror and attacked him. Before they could gang up on him he shot down each of those foul creatures.

"Ah! You managed to kill all my underlings" spoke a skeleton covered in translucent cloth making an appearance through the flesh wall. “That weapon of yours isn’t an ordinary weapon it seems”

“Despite knowing that you decided to show up, how courageous of you” he spoke in a cold tone. "You should have better stayed hidden for your own good. Now I am going to send you back to your realm"
    "Watch your tongue human. You stand in front ........"

BANG BANG BANG…..He fired multiple rounds.

"Beings like you aren't welcomed in this realm so begone"
    "I think you are under estimating me" he evaded all bullets fired at him and closed the distance between. "You don't know ........ah!"
    A sword cut through. "That sword.......It can't be ....Why...What is a de.........." It vanished into thin air.
    “Guess you were the one who was underestimating”

He shattered the mirror and everything around slowly returned to normal. “Seems like this was the last one in this region” He returned through the secret path down the stairs and outside. It had stopped raining. He stood by his bike, took out his cigar and before he could lit it, a fairy flew down....

"Good job Drake. So where should we head next".
    A tiny little girl about a palm length with butterfly wings was hovering around him.
    "I am thinking about paying her a visit ".
    "Excellent decision. It would definitely please Lady Layla.”

He kick started his bike and accelerated towards south.

"You think so....."
    "Uh-huh"

• dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Loosely based on The Killers from Men without women by Hemingway? 
  • AshishKaulAshishKaul Ancient India1127 Points
    edited April 2021
    Debapriya Deb is surprisingly silent in twitter for more than a week. Hope all well. Anyone in touch with him?
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Yes haven't seen him on Twitter for some time.
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29251 Points
    A good human being as per me and loves Indian football. 
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Any ex-footballer / sportsperson won election in West bengal  or Kerala ?
  • SamyajitSamyajit Kolkata1246 Points
    Bhaichung curse strikes Ashok Bhattacharya. He lost from Siliguri.
    munna219777