Online Chatting

Comments

• debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    @munna219777 Bidesh Bose won in Uluberia Purba Constituency, Manoj Tiwary won from Shibpur
    munna219777thebeautifulgameindian_gooner
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29576 Points
    So IFN is alive today! ;)
    munna219777
    For those who were inquiring about Debapriya Deb

https://twitter.com/debapriya_deb?lang=en

Thanks for all the messages expressing your concerns and support due to me being unresponsive for last few days. It was a sudden emergency. Had forgotten my phone at home.

Debapriya Deb
    · May 2
    After an intense 11 days' battle, managed to bring my best buddy back from the jaws of death. Witnessed hell during this period, which will leave a permanent scar. My Jethimaa (tai ji) isn't so lucky. Became just a number among the 3523 unfortunate souls who left us yesterday.
    G_Kashindiamunna219777dhritiman7indian_gooner

Mahmoud Al Amna

Please Pray for india
    Now india fights a devastating second wave of covid 19 that is killing thousands each day, that is heart breaking
    second wave of Covid-19 in India is almost four times the size of the first wave. Hospitals and health centres across India are struggling to cope with the overwhelming number of new cases and need more oxygen supplies, rapid testing kit and critical healthcare. People are dying everyday due to lack of oxygen. India need your support and prayer
    I consider India as my second home
    I lived 5 years in india and can't forget the love ,care n respect which Indians gave it to me
    May God save n protect u all
    Deb_Banmunna219777dhritiman7

Frame your questions & then answer — IIT Goa tries out new examination method

A term-end paper for the ‘analog circuits’ course for second-year electrical engineering students asked them to prepare questions from lecture material and then answer it

A photo of the IIT Goa question paper that is finding online attention for its unique nature  Photo TwitterRajanKarna

The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Goa is in the spotlight for a fairly unique examination.

The premier engineering institution’s end term paper for the ‘analog circuits’ course last week has found online attention for asking students to create their own questions to answer.

Divided into two parts for a total of 70 marks, the paper first asked the second-year electrical engineering students to “prepare the questions of 60 marks from the lecture material provided to you”. The questions “should reflect your understanding about the course”. This part was set for 30 marks.

The second part, for 40 marks, called for answering the “questions you prepared”.

Speaking to ThePrint on this unique exercise, Sharad Sinha, Assistant Professor of Computer Science and Engineering Department at IIT Goa, said the paper was an outcome of the institute’s experiments with pedagogy and teaching methods.

“We would like to see that students enjoy their learning at IIT Goa and not be bogged down by academia. In fact our institute does not fail any student in the first semester to help them cope and adjust with the environment and syllabus. We wanted to see what the student response is like, some may like it some may not like it,” Sinha said.

This form of examination is expected to highlight the understanding of the subject material.

ThePrint reached IIT Goa Director B.K. Mishra for a comment via calls, but there was no response until the time of publishing this report.

In an earlier report, he had said that the concept of the question paper was “novel” and he would look at the evaluation system being used by the professor in charge.

https://theprint.in/india/education/frame-your-questions-then-answer-iit-goa-tries-out-new-examination-method/665862/

Who says that the Indian education system is lacking in creativity? ;)

I was reminded of Einstein: "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

Nagendradhritiman7indian_gooner
  • RatulRatul Howrah1323 Points
    Not sure whether this has been posted here before but pls check out this video. 

Guys, I will need a couple of days more to create the Euro 2020 thread.

I am down with fever and suffering from muscle pains after getting my vaccine shot yesterday.

Sorry about that!
    munna219777Carbon_14indian_gooner