Online Chatting

Comments

• deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    munna219777 said:
    Fever after Vaccine is a good news actually.
    This means that Vaccine is working :)
    @thebeautifulgame why dis u leave a lol here?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29251 Points
    Nagendra said:
    Of late, I'm not seeing Sam(EB fan) in IFN. Is anyone in contact with him ?
    Yes
    Nagendra
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    @deepu: Because the comment was made in a partly humorous vein with @munna219777 himself inserting a 'lol' emoji after the post. It is true that the fever/side effect might be a sign  that the body is building antibodies.

Many people did not have any side effect after getting vaccinated (just as many others, like me, had fever and muscle pains), and I am sure that the vaccine had worked in their cases too.

Cheers!
    munna219777deepu
    @Nagendra: The last time I had a talk with @sam was about one year ago when he was completing his PhD in Brussels, Belgium. I am not sure whether he is still there.

I have seen him in IFN quite a few times, though he does not post anything these days
    Nagendra
    He is busy with girls in Italy
    ashindia
    His account probably suspended by shree cement
    dhritiman7Deb_Banmunna219777ashindiaatuljgindian_goonermasefieldtheoilfield
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    @thebeautifulgame Hi, shifting the conversation in this thread. Moti Nandi's Dalbadaler Age shall be translated as fast as possible and we should look for publisher. It is a must read for all of Indian football fans. 
    Secondly, I have read another novel named "Ferari (The Fugutive)" by him. Where a player (Anupam from his Striker probably) goes into hiding after missing final penalty against Dempo SC. Then he started introspecting. This novel covers how an average sub urban middle class Bengali  lad had to deal fame and money and dark sides of "Kartas (officials)". 

For cricket lovers, while trying to unearth more information about 70 - 80's football I stumbled upon Gopal Bose's "Soja Bat e Khela Soja path e chola" (Playing with straight bat and walking on straight road, may be you can come up with a better translation). This will give a great insight about bengal cricket and dominance of bombay lobby and ego of Tiger Patuidi. Must read if someone follows cricket deeply. Also read Sambaran Banerjee's memoir about Ranji Trophy victory where younger brother Sourav replaced elder brother Snehasish in the final of Ranju Trophy to make debut ! That too is interesting.  
    @dhritiman7: I agree that "Dolbodoler Age" should have been translated by now...I have been sitting on it for ages. There were certain reasons why I could not complete the translation which I began with great gusto and for which I received tremendous feedback from IFN members. I do not want to bring my personal/professional life in the forum; all of us have his/her share of problems and mine is not something unique.

But in recent years and particularly in post-pandemic times, life has become so hectic that I hardly find time to pursue any creative activities. Life in a govt college, once considered to be one of the most laid-back jobs, has assumed some of the characteristics of a corporate sector job nowadays. Instead of teaching the students which should be our primary duty, all that we do nowadays is prepare and submit loads of data, almost reducing us to clerks in an office. The quantification of education is something which I find despicable. On top of that, there is a NAAC visit scheduled in 2022. As IFN members would remember, there was a NAAC visit to our college in 2017 and I had mentioned about there being tonnes of work to do in connection with this visit. This time, the work has almost doubled because of various changes in UGC policy. Nowadays, I am saddled with so many responsibilities that I doubt whether I can find time out to complete the translation. However, I will certainly give it a try whenever I find time. Then there is the issue of copyright, @Deb_Ban mentioned that it is with Moti Nandi's heirs and ABP, and finally the question of finding a publisher.

Anyway, fingers crossed!