AFC CUP & CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2015

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    How about Argentina... the team that made the final? The Netherlands? I am sure there players did not come from one club mainly.
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @Deb_Ban Okay I have done that also. Last time Spain played important game was Euro Cup Qualifier on 27th March and the starting XI and 3 substitutes were from 7 different clubs.  If a National team has players from 7 clubs on field and total 15 clubs out of 23 member squad, we cannot say that Spain only has Barcelona players.

http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuro/qualifiers/season=2016/matches/round=2000446/match=2013920/postmatch/lineups/index.html
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Whats the frigging point again? 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The idea that if a national team has players from only one club (a super club) then that national team would benefit.

For some reason that is now the accepted way... does not make sense for India though since we are still developing and a super club in the I-League would make it more boring than it is today.
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    @Deb_Ban you missed the last line of my post.
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    @munna 219777 well, mathematically it may not add up (and I may be wrong about Spain NT, Barca players were more visible because perhaps they were superior to their teammates), but conceptually my take is against the idea of one club team dominating the NT.

@dhritiman7 ya I agree to that last point. That underlines the possibility of overall development getting stunted within the initial years of euphoria.
    munna219777
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    The best case scenario would be to have 3 to 4 super Clubs in India...which can compete at the AFC Cup quarter finals level...

They should also have a proper youth system...whereby the Reserve team ( U21 + 3 seniors ) play the same opposition the following day.
    (Chinese Super League have this system)

So what we need is a trickle down effect...no point in our Clubs becoming super clubs by paying the likes of Cavin Lobo and Jackichand Singh 1Cr per year and then breaking the bank for signings like Bobby Zamora , David Dunn or Riqueleme types.

That money needs to be spent on a proper feeder system. ..
    maybe this League can combine with the 2md Division...as it is done in the Malaysian Super League. ..where JDT 2nd team plays in the 2nd tier of the League.

Deb_Banshankararchakatuljg
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9964 Points
    Yessss!!! This is mouth-watering prospect!

Like direct entry for corporate clubs, any designated super club should play their reserve team in 2nd tier directly. The only roadblock may be the club budget which will go up substantially. Will the clubs be interested to have this tag? What would be in it for them? AIFF may, however, help them to get more sponsors/ financial help (why I am even thinking this?).

This would be a small but healthy feeder system.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

Yes that would be good idea... say the likes of bagan can have a bhwanipore or pune fc can have deccan etc and can play in 2nd division... the best players then getting moved to the main team

The likes of once club city could best use this scenario where the likes of bengaluru fc or Mumbai fc don't have to share the talent fight to any local rivals... but them convincing the local clubs to be a feeder could be tough if they dream of challenging them one day

Deb_Ban