Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Good to see the our best players in the league this time
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Players who were recently released from A-League clubs who would be good additions to the ISL (I-League probability as well is noted).

Central Coast Mariners: Matt Simon (28, FW), Brent Griffiths (25, DF, I-League), Isaka Cernak (26, MF, I-League), Zac Anderson (24, DF, I-League).

Melbourne City: Rob Wielaert (36, DF, I-League), Iain Ramsey (27, MF, I-League), Mate Dugandzic (23, FW), Kew Jaliens (36, DF, I-League).

Newcastle Jets: Zenon Caravella (31, MF, I-League), Taylor Reagan (26, DF, I-League), Sam Gallagher (24, DF, I-League), James Virgilli (22, FW, I-League).

Perth Glory: Rostyn Griffths (27, MF).

Wellington Phoenix: Kenny Cunningham (29, FW, I-League), Jason Hicks (25, MF, I-League).
  • foxfox 529 Points
    Retained players and possible new signings for each franchise--

FC Goa: Debabrata Roy, Bikramjit Singh, Narayan Das, Romeo Fernandes, Mandar Desai, Laxmikant Kattimani (all retained); New signings: Denson Devadas, Lester Fernandez, CS Sabeeth, Pronay Halder, Raju Gaekwad.

Kerala Blasters: Sandesh Jhingan, Ishfaq Ahmed, Sandip Nandy, Saumik Dey, Gurwinder Singh, Mehtab Hussain, Nirmal Chhetri, Ramandeep Singh (all retained); New signing: Mohammad Rafi.

Delhi Dynamos: Francis Fernandes, Anwar Ali, Shouvik Chakraborty (all retained)

Atletico de Kolkata: Arnab Mondal, Denzil Franco, N Mohanraj, Baljit Singh (all retained) New signings: Jewel Raja, Clifford Miranda, Sushil Kumar Singh.

Chennaiyin FC: Jayesh Rane, Abhishek Das, Harmanjyot Khabra, Jeje Lalpekhlua, Dhanachandra Singh, Balwant Singh (all retained); New signing: Mehrajuddin Wadoo.

FC Pune City: Lenny Rodrigues, Arindam Bhattacharya, D Ravanan, Pritam Kotal, Manish Maithani, Israil Gurung (all retained); New signing: Gouramangi Singh.

Mumbai City FC: Subrata Paul, Subhash Singh (both retained); New signings: Gabriel Fernandes, Rowilson Rodrigues, Kingshuk Debnath.

NorthEast United: TP Reheneesh, Aibor Khongjee, Robin Gurung, Boithang Haokip, Zodingliana Ralte (all retained)
    ; New signing: Sanju Pradhan, Holicharan Narzary.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/goa/Franchisees-retain-bulk-of-players-that-impressed-in-ISL-1/articleshow/47289292.cms
    namewtheldmunna219777
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    FC goa got a good indian contingent... with 5 Brazilian serie A or B players they can walk through to the title this time
    reddevil87
    I am surprised that some players are still considered for this ISL. This should be for the better Indians yet guys like Sandip Nandy, Mohammed Rafi, Wadoo, Maithani, Israil Gurung, Holicharan etc are still in the league.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Rafi is kerala guy and he would help increase interest among the crowd.... holicharan similarly is from NE zone and could be a good option to have with len not in the contention for them as it seems
    I can understand that maybe and I guess Holicharan Narzary can be used for the U23 quota for NorthEast United but seriously, some players I am surprised to see retained.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Dissappointed with Balwant retained and Wadoo brought in. However remains to be seen if wadoo can fill in the gap where denson left last season.
    Denson was horribly left footed almost as though he had his right leg amputed, Also needed someone to carry him throughout the game.Tackling was very rash
    Chennaiyin do have Djordic (Not his natural position) and Khabra to fill in that DM though.

Compared to the others, Balwant was better than the Chennaiyin FC guys who were not retained but ya, Wadoo is like, WTF.
    goalkeeparsouravindia
    But does signing CS Sabeeth, Lester Fernandez, and Denson Devadas really make you guys that much better?