Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @sam But no! It will be awesome for the ISL to have former famous players to become coaches cause everyone knows that only former great players can be good head coaches.

Arsene Wenger used to be the best PSG player ever and France national team captain. Sir Alex Ferguson was the best Scottish international in history and Jose Mouinho? Won 2 World Cups with Portugal. Pele meanwhile has coached Brazil to 5 World Cups and Messi is currently managing Barcelona.
    foxsamreddevil87The real AG
  • samsam 16533 Points
    ATK too loses their match against 4th division Spanish team. 1-0 it was.
    Just realized that I should add this disclaimer: I do know that there are some successful cases of former great players coming back and being good managers... Pep Guardiola for example or Michael Laudrup but these guys are now much more remembered for their coaching careers than there playing ones... I do not see Roberto Carlos or Nicolas Anelka (and David James) ever becoming decent managers. Marco Materazzi could become something but nothing super.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    What is Delhi trying to do by practicing with extra foreigners and 'quota' Indian players who are unlikely to play in ISL? A fun trip?
    Roberto Carlos man... mark my words, Delhi Dynamos will look like shit, not because of the players, but cause Carlos is not a good coach. He would have not even lasted the season in Qatar!

Now that I've said that, Delhi Dynamos shall win the ISL.
  • karenesudhakar2050karenesudhakar2050 Hyderabad 1504 Points
    Ashlesh agreed even keralablasters Last year coached by Trevor Morgan .though for name sake James is coach =;
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    So what ISL teams lose to European oppositions? Did we not know ISL is also an indian commodity? These teams are made up of players who don't have match fitness and or players discarded due to their age and or form.

These teams are gonna play in India with Indian players. Atleast these teams are flying overseas and playing against better oppositions to lose badly.

Last time I checked your Mohun Bagan's and East bengal's played pre season practice matches against the likes of CFL and bangladeshi teams.
    atuljgDeb_Bankartik91deepurudrasamiamdeepakc
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10069 Points
    Firstly, this is not an EB-MB thread. Why do you get scared of EB-MB shadows every time anyone questions ISL? Is is because you are scared of the ISL's own skeletons in their cupboards (skeletons do scare me, I admit).

Secondly, EB-MB play pre-seasons within their limits. That is, what is sustainable to them. And this IS Indian football. The other variety is not. Mainly because the NT will consist of I-league players only, and not young foreigners of ISL. ISL is not sustainable in the long run (that is, longer version and with less foreigners), this has been debated widely.

Thirdly, I do not accept a team as Indian if they play 8 foreigners in the team, however fancied they are. Those clubs do not represent Indian football.

Fourthly, after all the big promises of improvement of infra, they train abroad.

Imagine a club, having 8 foreigners in the main roster, foreign coaching staff, training in Spain and the Gulf, have no right to represent in AFC tourneys, will appear in the country for two months and go after collecting gate money and other income. Just wondering: what is 'Indian' in those clubs?
    dhalinamewtheldrudrareddevil87The real AGMaddiegoalkeeparmunna219777footydipindianFootballFanand 3 others.
    Sunderland lost to a 3rd division American team in pre-season. Point? Who cares about pre-season.

Obviously something is wrong though if you lose 7-2 but overall this is just pre-season!
    DXfox
  • samsam 16533 Points
    I feel pity for the people who are disliking the picture showing FC Goa Dubai Fans' passion. Hats off to the FC Goa Fans  :)>-
    The real AGAshleshsamiamnamewtheldgoalkeepardhalideepakcArsenalFan700munna219777