Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• samsam 16533 Points
    All the best for the FC Goa fan club. May it grow bigger and bigger. 
    munna219777
  • samsam 16533 Points
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    edited September 2015
    Lessons from Malaysia? About the flare I mean
    karenesudhakar2050munna219777kartik91
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29726 Points
    just spotted a butthurt Kerala Blasters fan in IFN :P
    karenesudhakar2050samiammunna219777atuljg
  • dhalidhali Kolkata58 Points
    FULL TIME:
    FC GOA-2:2-AL Khaleej
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Nice, how was romeo gameplay?
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10481 Points
    @goalkeeper Joki how are you on IFN and on pitch playing for FC GOA

another Lord
    The real AGsamiam
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    edited September 2015
  • TNAmarkFromIndiaTNAmarkFromIndia India419 Points
    edited September 2015
    Roger Johnson was one of the four Englishmen that FC Pune City have roped in for the upcoming Indian Super League (ISL) season, besides manager David Platt.

The 32 year old central defender who turned out for Charlton Athletic in the Championship last season said that he joined the ISL in search of a new challenge.

"Yes, I had heard of the ISL before and I was looking out for a new challenge, a new adventure so I thought this was the perfect opportunity," he asserted.

The former Cardiff City centre-back also said that Platt was one of the key motivators in convincing him to make this journey.

"I spoke to David [Platt]. He was a big influence in my decision. Of course the English players in my team too helped in taking the call and moreover there would be no problems with language too," he reasoned.

The Football League Cup winner also spoke of being thoroughly impressed with the Indian contingent that he has been training with in Turkey.

"I come from England and being there for such a long time, the standard of football there is very high. Hence it took me by surprise seeing how good some of the Indian players were. Some were better than other but that is obvious," he stated.

"I want to see how the three months of the ISL goes and then certainly I can take a call. If I go over and really enjoy it then certainly I wouldn’t mind," was what Johnson had to say when queried whether he would be game for a longer ISL, one that would last eight-nine months.

Johnson also accepted that it was great to be in a team filled with some good attacking talent upfront and thanked the team management for the feat.

"We have a really great bunch of players and it’s a credit to David Platt and the management for getting them on board. I hope they can do their job well and I can do mine," said the centre-back.

Having scored 41 goals in his career Johnson said that he would also like to make an impact on the opposite end of the pitch.

"I have scored a lot of goals being a defender. I am quite proud of that. If the team does get a corner I will certainly push up and try to score," he mentioned.

"I will try to instil the winning mentality in all my teammates and I hope we can win the championship this year," he concluded.
    atuljg