Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    IMG -R has started responding to all the bad press.....making bhutia say that merger of leagues will take indian football back...(goal.com).....back??? How much further back can we even go...i think it wont happen....IMGR will never allow it and PP doesn't benefit from it monetarily
    sunny
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Where does he say that it will bring us back? What he says is that it should not happen now and that it should happen in a few years when the teams in the I-League are ready? What is wrong with that!?

And how much further back can we go? Were you even around for the 2010-11 I-League season when Gnebemby (however you spell his name) Friday dominating the scene with clubs like Mumbai or that we had institutional clubs like Air India or ONGC or even HAL!

Why would IMGR not allow it? Surely they see the potential of a longer league? The extra revenue, the ability to call themselves an actual football league in one of the biggest untapped markets in the world! The money chance is huge! And if India does well internationally then it would be even better for them! India doing well benefits the ISL! Look at the attention the national team's performance is getting right now! Where was that years ago? Nowhere! We lost to the UAE but who cared? We drew to the Maldives but who cared? We spent money on a long trip to the Caribbean where the best we got to show was a 2-1 defeat to Guyana and a 3-0 defeat to Trinidad! Ya, those were decent results honestly but the press did not comment and they usually would!

Now, whether the merger can happen is another thing. Three franchises in Kolkata at this early stage is very risky and Atletico de Kolkata take their fanbase from East Bengal and Mohun Bagan. Both the I-League clubs will need to really change their systems if they are to be in the league, ATK probably need to be failing or just not doing well, and somehow, an agreement needs to be made cause ATK won't just go. Bengaluru FC can also get in but with Ozone Group also being serious I can sense a bidding war for the Bangalore franchise happening. Ya, BFC should just be given the chance but first, that would be unfair to the current teams who payed to get in, and ya, IMG-Reliance, are money grubbers.

Something will happen!
    foxatuljgDXThe real AG
  • TNAmarkFromIndiaTNAmarkFromIndia India419 Points
    edited September 2015
  • foxfox 529 Points
    Vikings0-0DD
    Half time

The Scores are level at the half time.Delhi playing a composed game better than last match.Lord was offside 2-3 times,Shenaj got a yellow card,Carlos &Riise started the match as CBs,Dos Santos is like always the centre of attacks, Delhi is defending well
  • foxfox 529 Points
    edited September 2015

Full time : its a draw for delhi against the Vikings, good efort by delhi against ist team of a danish ist div team
    Nice game in the midfield & defense but they are unable to finish. Probably Malouda might have made a difference in the scorelineRiise still has the ability to put across dangerous long passes.
  • Riise plays as a CB these days, how is going to cross from that position?
  • foxfox 529 Points
    In the dying minutes riise was trying to cross may be 2-3 times ,most of the time striker was offside
  • samsam 16533 Points
    Possible friendly

FC Pune City vs East Bengal in Balewadi on 28th September 
    atuljgkartik91samiam
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    East bengal will win =))
    footydipDomnic
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    Whoever win this shall be good test for both teams... and a good move by FCPC to introduce their team to EB crowd living in pune...