Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Probably the only team that doesn't require any promotion. <:-P
    goalkeeparmohammedirshad
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The ad would have been better if, instead of Nita, you have all these guys all appear in one screen and say "Come on India, lets football"
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    That ad was really well made and I started liking it until I saw the pretentious Nita Ambani with her fake smile with two kids around her. That put me off.
    The real AGdeepakc
  • samsam 16533 Points
    Yes, appearance of Nita Ambani at the end of the video was really annoying. But I feel we are being too harsh on her. After all ISL is a IMG-Reliance product.  
    archak
    Ya, that kinda makes the ISL feel less genuine to me. We're a product of IMG-Reliance.

This is where I sorta agree with the "ISL haters" and what I alluded too years ago when it was first announced in (what I believe was) the TOI or Economics Time article about IMG-Reliance creating a "franchise league". I always argued for an MLS/J.League/Bundesliga type deal here and while this league has franchises and salary caps, it also has some weird things which take away from it such as the fireworks, the overdose on foreigners, the weird "star coaches" like Roberto Carlos or Nicolas Anelka. I mean, if you wanted a star as head coach, why not someone like Roberto Di Matteo? Sam Allardyce? Alex McLeish? Rene Girard? Huub Stevens? No, lets go for a guy who already admitted that he won't go into coaching after his stint with Mumbai City!

I am willing to give this league time (a few years) to become more "genuine" and I hope it does but for now, it is what people call a "tamasha"
    The real AG
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Another Club owner is selling up ...deal may go thru before 2nd season ends...

2 out of 8 owners feeling the current spending is not feasible...

Can't reveal name yet...but sure you can guess...
    atuljgDeb_Banreddevil87
    I actually can't fully guess. It could be John Abraham as he seems interested in getting back into the studio... Abhishek Bachchan has been invisible for Chennaiyin, Delhi Dynamos just got a makeover, Sachin has thought about it but you said 2, not one. Ranbir Kapoor seems fine with Mumbai City, FC Goa have 3 main investors. FC Pune City? Maybe. They seem ambitious to make fans but who knows there.

Atletico de Kolkata?

And yes, the spending is way to out of hand. It is great that sponsors are coming in and that TV ratings are up and crowds are great but to go from I-League to this was such a massive, massive rise... you can have entertainment without spending as much as was reported.
  • foxfox 529 Points
    Well ,ATK has change in shareholders this year as per the news, Sanjeev Goenka now owns more than 50%
  • shibiershibier 2997 Points
    Xavi played his first match for Al Sadd in QSL.   Much awaited match happened in almost  empty stands. Totally a different experience for him after playing his entire career in front of passionate fans in Camp Nou, Barnabue etc  !! He might have earn enough money in his career so why cant he think some thing different , He should consider ISL now so that he can play for passion not just money.image
    atuljgfox
    He comes for passion and not money we should be able to sign him as a normal and not a marquee.
    dhritiman7