Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Wouldn't the big Euro clubs do that though if that was an option?
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29713 Points
  • Globally thats the common thing that happens,fake goes hand in hand with original.If a frachise or club depends on selling of their merchandise then better to close it down
    arun
  • alecsalecs Kerala663 Points
    My experience - Being a fan of one of english club, during my college days i some how wants my clubs jersey since i didn't have the money i bought a fake one, But as I grow as a fan i understand that Buying genuine one will bring me more attached to the club. So after getting the Job I bought an original one. So I think as ISL fans grow through that Fan life cycle, they will start buying genuine jerseys ultimately.(If you have money to Buy Orginal)  
    Sunbha123atuljgshibier
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Originals will increase provided the clubs open more and more merchandise stores or atleast tie up with retail chains to showcase their products.
    reddevil87
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    edited November 2015
    That is not how it works for clubs in Europe and pretty much at all levels. Liverpool for example has a deal with New Balance/Warrior, and they give Liverpool £25 million a year for 5 years for producing and selling official Liverpool jerseys. Liverpool doesn't get a single penny of any of the Liverpool jerseys New Balance sells. So if fake jerseys are being sold, it's shirt manufacturers like New Balance, Addidas, Nike that lose out, not the clubs. That is how things are done at 99% of the clubs in Europe.

The notable exceptions are Real and Barcelona, who also demand a x% of all profits from their shirt manufacturers.

Clubs like Liverpool for example, get all the money from the sales of merchandise including jerseys sold in their own club shops, of which there would be very little.

So if you go out and buy an official Arsenal jersey from an authentic outlet, your money doesn't go to Arsenal at all, but to Nike.
    atuljgDomnicDeb_Banarunfootydipshibiermunna219777kartik91
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    I actually support (From the closet) on fake jerseys, A.) People dont have time to search official merchandise and B.) it helps the original jersey sellers keep their price down.

Really mate we haven't reached a level where in UK fans actually buy jerseys every year to support the clubs.

As long as i see a ocean of blue fake or real am happy in the ground.

However atleast from a Chennai perspective, Its easy to buy a original jersey from both Amazon and Sports 365.
  • gopiajeeshgopiajeesh Kerala655 Points
    Why would somebody spend money for something which he can only use for 2 months (7 matches).
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Y not? do u find it wierd fans wanna buy jerseys of thier fav teams?
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    wtf is this stupid habit of holding ur hands in ur chest when standing up for the national anthem.

r we frikkin americans? it boils me to death when they make kids do that. Its an insult esp when ur supposed to stand in attention not hold ur hands and mimic some other country's habit.

tempted to start a change.org petition to stop this stupid practice
    gaffertapeThe real AGgoalkeepararundebarghya89shibiermunna219777reddevil87Deb_Bankartik91