Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I hope so. If Delhi rejected Zamora, even as a marquee, I would personally fly over to India and beat the crap out of who made that decision.
  • deepudeepu Somaliya1621 Points
    IMG rejected zamora because he doesn't meet their marquee rule
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29743 Points
    IMG seems to be more interested in oldies. Pires,laganburg,trazigut,del piero etc. this players are 100 times better then those "Marquee"
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Zamora has only 2 appearance for national team acc. to wiki. I guess non european fans might not relate to him much as last year most of the marquees where better than that.
    That pisses me off more actually! A team like Kerala Blasters for example should not go for big time marquees because they don't need to... they have almost 45,000 fans a game guaranteed so why not spend money on a prime-aged South American who you can turn into a star, create the star, not bloody buy it if you don't have to.
    deepugopiajeesh
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29743 Points
    Definition of Marquee player as per IMG

“Marquee Players” are highly renowned Players from world football and who have played many times for major clubs in leading leagues (Example: EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A) and for national teams in the highest profile international competitions (Example: FIFA World Cup, UEFA Euro Cup, UEFA Champions League).
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    Delhi wanted either of Zamora or Lugano as matquee...Pune wanted Kostas or Pennant as marquee..But IMG rejected them as marquees..Not sure Delhi would still go for Zamora or not.
  • coolgagancoolgagan 1109 Points
    WTF is wrong with Kostas? He beat the shit out of other players in last season. Great player!
    Pennant does not qualify as marquee. So, does Zamora.
    But, Lugano is OK IMO??

Probably, no one will be able to co-relate with these players in India. Indians are only glory hunters. They only know big name players and think others are shit. Would some Euro fan here know the squad of West Brom or QPR or even Sevilla or Real Sociedad for the case?

In that way, even though these players are presently better and have years to play ahead, IMG won't go for them because they don't market the league in India. CRAP!

This means a south american player who is playing in some italian club and represents his nation in WC is not eligible??
    CHUTZPAH!

7negimunna219777goalkeepararchakfootydip
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    And we'd still have Adrian Mutu as Marquee!!