Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    Delhi Dynamos have entrusted auper idiot Prashant Agarwal from Kshatriya Sports to handle their operations....

He has fucked up the Rene Muelenstein contract..so he backed out...

Was trying to bring in Fernando Morientes...but was too expensive for Den ( learning from the Del Pierro fiasco )

Roberto Carlos has been on the cards for ages via Marcelo and Bero for any takers....but won't be cheap either...
  • clayton SFCclayton SFC 675 Points
    Morientes was up.on the cards as their marquee??
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    All reports were that he would be a coach.
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    i love the fact the ex players use ISL as a learning ground for getting coaching experience. started with materazzi and james.

i would like more players (marquee standards) use ISL as a platform to coach. its a win win situation. as coaches they wont demand more money than ur steve clarks, muelesteen and rieds.

this added to the fact that players use ISL to gain match fitness so once ISL is over they get a short term contract for the jan window.

i see this trend continuing for atleast a couple of seasons before it is made the official league of india.
    atuljgmunna219777
    That would suck. We need Steve Clarke and Rene Muelesteen! A former Chelsea assistant and Manchester United Reserve coach respectively! Peter Reid was past it but Steve Clarke and Rene would be perfect!
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Y? i dont see any value add from the likes of steve clark and rene apart from earning there pay and going back to europe. lets face it these ppl like steve clark and rene are always going back to competitive football and will only use ISL as a stop gap.

i want ISL to be hotbed of stepping stones.. look at last season who would have thought a guy like materazzi from the italian school of thought and a defender to bring in a "score than u" kind of play which made chennaiyin attractive?
    I want ISL to be unpredictable on all fronts this way you get all franchises a shot at what they want.
    this goes to the ex players too who want to coach.
    foxatuljgmohammed_87hassan
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    PS you only get rare ppl like Zico who would want to do things beyond just getting thier pay checks
    Ashleshfoxgoalkeepardhritiman7mohammed_87hassan
    You are just assuming that these guys are just in it for the paycheck, which they might, Clarke more than Rene (who has done a decent job in Philadelphia).

Obviously the player-coach or first time coach thing has worked with Materazzi and I have seen it with Mike Petke in New York but i still think that overall, the first choice should always be someone with experience like a Clarke and Rene. These are experienced coaches who know how to read and coach the game and who also know how to help in the development of a player.
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    Venezuelan international Julio Alvarez turned down the offer of Mumbai City..I guess this was the signing @goalkeepar was talking about few weeks back
  • souravindiasouravindia 3679 Points

I have a question:

Suppose you are a new budding footballer without knowing what is in store for you

i.e play throughout the year in both I-League and ISL (4 months each league and rest other tournaments and state league)

or play for only 4 months (I-League), not selected in ISL (as will be with a lot of footballers).

And other than these no other teams play throughout the year (read I League second division)

So  question: "WILL YOU TURN FOOTBALL PROFESSIONAL? UNLESS YOU ARE 100% SURE YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE IT? OR WILL YOU DECIDE AGAIST BEING PROFESSIONAL AND SAY FOR SECURITY REASONS take up a job?

Indian did languish a lot due to not having professional players, and the way things are moving if it stays same way, I think that's going to return back.