Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• DXDX 4074 Points
    guys like rene, reid, peter taylor would hardly be in this for player development unlike what u say.

u need to understand that more the exp of the coach he would bring in his own trusted back staff. u saw that with NEUFC and the way thoi was sidelined. I dont even remember thok dhenge fc, overhyped FC (mumbai city FC) had any indian presense in the backstaff.

while the like of james used trevor atleast initially while i knw the fact that vivek nagul was excellent in CFC under matterazzi.

ex players would always want a exp asst coach who they rely for local knowledge. thats what india wants desparately!! major failure of indian football is the lack of quality back staffs.

thats where ex players work!!
    atuljg
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29743 Points
    @debarghya89 not that guy they are in talks with a Spanish guy who has Indian experience. BTW Jofre very close to sign for FC Goa deal almost done.
    fox
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @DX ...do you know the truth behind the scenes of Vivek Nagul at Chennaiyans..or you just going by what you were shown ?
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    for me the truth is when i see it. in matches where i have seen he has been vocal in the sidelines and players have responded to them.

what happened in the sidelines away from the fans view is not really a fan's concern. those r from ur or ppl involved in the business side point of view.
    dhritiman7
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @DX Why use NorthEast United as an example? Ricki Herbert was always a rubbish coach in New Zealand and in the A-League. The guy is coaching in Papua New Guinea, and not their senior team, their U23 side!!!

I am talking about guys who have recently coached at decent levels and been under the wing of successful managers. Peter Reid was an different, he was past it. His tactics and style were more for the 90s and yes, this was probably just one last thing before retirement. Steve Clarke and Rene still have years of coaching left in them, are more in tune with the modern game, know how to develop players, and would make the team they inherit play decent football.
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @Gaffertape Now you mention it, now you must say.
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    FC Goa have completed the signing of former Marseille goalkeeper Elinton Andrade for the second season of the Indian Super League. The 36-year-old will replace last season's Golden Glove winner Jan Seda as the number one custodian at the club.

The Brazilian has played most of his football in his native country with power houses such as Flamengo, Fluminense and Vasco da Gama. Andrade also played in Europe between 2007 and 12. He joined Romanian club Rapid Bucuresti in 2007 for two years winning the Romanian Super Cup with them. His next destination was France where he joined Olympique Marseille. In his three years with the Ligue 1 side, Andrade won two French League Cups and a Ligue1 title.FC Goa announced the signing on their official Facebook page.

Andrade will join fellow Brazilians Reinaldo, Victor Simoes and Lucio in Goa and there is speculation that former Brazillian striker, Adriano could also be on his way to the Goan club.
    atuljg
    Looks like FC Goa are the only ones doing it properly ( team building)

@Ashlesh or any other FC Goa experts...any squad list you can share , position wise ? Would help us all guess the direction of the auction / draft then

Would be better than the meaningless CFL nonsense on the Transfer thread
    clayton SFCAshleshgoalkeepar
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    Fc Goa need a few younger foreigners..Except Bruno all are over 34
    Ashlesh
    I can see the auction being a flop

• FC Goa don't seem to need Auction
    • NEUFC are broke
    • Delhi Dynamos are confused
    • will we have 5 teams bidding for the 10 players , given that prices can't go below BASE PRICE , unlike a real Auction....can't wait to hear the crickets and watch the tumble weed roll by when "ROBIN SINGH" is announced by the Auctioneer :))
    samarchakclayton SFC