Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29743 Points
    Bad signing. Was offered to all franchisees including Goa
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    How is he exactly a bad signing?
    Manju
    7 ISL clubs rejected him. out of football for more then 1 year totally unfit.
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Eh, lets see how he performs. Obviously due to the marquees Chennaiyin, Goa, and Mumbai City have announced they would reject him, they're better. As for the rest, I can also understand, both Delhi and Kerala are monitoring John Arne Riise, who IMO is not a marquee but would be a better choice than Simao probably. ATK I can expect to do better. FC Pune City is a who knows thing.

For me, the guy played a lot his last season... almost every game. It's strange that he was unable to find a club and I know some MLS teams that were after him but salary demands stopped them. And based on that and other reports I can find, I think that was it... money.

If anything, NorthEast United are probably getting a decent player but bloody overpaying for him.
    fox
  • Sunbha123Sunbha123 363 Points
    @Arsenal Fan-A player who has openly admitted that his days as player has come to an end and he is ready to get retired,I don't find anything except financial profit,that can inspire him to come to India.And a player at the age of 35 and without a club for last 1 year,who has extended his career for a final pay check  day and whose motivation inspired by financial profit,I don't think he is having anything to offer to Indian Football.Then what's the point of bringing a marquee???
    ArsenalFan700
  • footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    By the way who is neufc coach this year? Simao signed as only player or player coach role?
  • nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    all footballers are motivated by money, there is no denying that....and most importantly one must not forget that isl is not  a full fledged league yet.

The A-LEVEL players (based in europe) at the twilight of their careers would ply their trade at MLS or some wealthy sheikh owned clubs in middle east, its not easy to get them in isl unless clubs offer insane amount of money which is not advisable for a 3 months duration league

so to satisfy the marquee rule criteria, clubs go for players beyond their selling periiod.
    foxCybertronGuwahatian
    Florent Malouda in talks with Delhi Dynamos
  • clayton SFCclayton SFC 675 Points
    how many goals simao scored for his country
  • samsam 16540 Points
    Some social media sources are saying that Malouda deal is done.
    fox