Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• archakarchak 2082 Points
    @rohan James is a goalkeeper, while RC3 is a outfield player... can you see the difference?

@gaffertape Ganguly never feared to express his opinion which i believe requires some spine. Secondly i was present during that PC in Victoria House and that quote has some parts missing. never expected that this would create a debate in here
    sam
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    @coolgagan Lets see. I am just concerned now with Delhi Dynamos and also how the league will look. Does not look good if a 42-year old is playing, even if it is Roberto Carlos, and that to as the "marquee". Doubt it will help with the fanbase as well.
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7328 Points
    ATk will have very little business tomorrow..They might not buy anyone..In draft the team is looking for 2 defenders 2 GK & 2 Midfielders.

Bhaichung messed up the team composition by signing Sushil, Nadong , Clifford..they wouldn't have found any clubs otherwise in the draft
    archakArsenalFan700reddevil87
  • CybertronCybertron 402 Points
    List of foreign players who are looking for clubs

1. Joey Barton (Last club: Queens Park Rangers)
    2. Alberto Aquilani (Last club: Fiorentina)
    3. Yoann Gourcuff (Last club: Olympique Lyonnais)
    4. Abou Diaby (Last club: Arsenal)
    5. Carlton Cole (Last club: West Ham United)
    The only realistic one is Carlton Cole. Barton is a swine and we should not have him near our players. Aquilani is aiming for Euro 2016 and won't do that in India. Gourcuff is 28, Diaby is 29, they don't need to come to India and will get payed elsewhere.
    Okay, so, has anyone ever looked at this page on the Indian Super League website?

Look at the "Our Vision" part... looks like there is a goal for the national team that is more specific than just "Qualify for a World Cup one day." They say they want to do it by 2026!

So, according to the ISL, our goal is to get into the FIFA World Cup in 11 years. By then the players in their grassroots development program will be in the 22-25 age range. I mean... I won't go into the whole cynicalness we have when it comes to the ISL and their "real intentions" but if they wanted to be more "realistic" or "correct" they should have said the goal was for the 2027 AFC Asian Cup and 2030 FIFA World Cup. By that World Cup the players will be 26-29 years old, in their prime, and, if the ISL continues with whatever grassroots masala they come up with, the other players after the current class will be well professionals.

Who knows? I just thought this was interesting.
    gaffertape
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    This has been since last year so let it be
    But their grassroots stuff began this year and honestly whether it was last year or this year, this is the stated idea supposedly.
  • samsam 16539 Points
    Hey, just to confirm, there will be no international players draft this year, right?