Indian Super League 2015

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    https://www.facebook.com/DelhiDynamosFC/posts/926336840743233

BIG NEWS COMING!!!!!!! Please be a Delhi Dynamos branded underwear!
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    @ArsenalFan700

Of those 3 articles...
    Kerela paper talking their usual jingoistic crap...this is why clubs there never have and never will succeed.
    All those names mentioned..and they can't spell Zakeer Mundampara properly...more importantly forget about guys like Shahinlal Meloly, TP Rehenesh, and Saba Saleel who all played I-League last year.
    If they want to talk of local talent...why ignore Wahid Sali and the unfortunate kid Shaiju Mon....those 2 have achieved more at the highest level in India in past 3 years than some nondescript players who might have impressed in the Pub tournament called Santosh Trophy with home advantage.

As for Ganguly..."shut the fuck up Dada !"
    Indian football has improved a lot in last 4 years....just not enough compared to rest of Asia
    that is down to I-League and aome part AIFF and nothing that ISL has done. ..credit to IMG-R for funding most of it...and initiatives like the Florida experiment with the then U16 boys.
    Salt Lake redevelopment is down to Kolkata Govt to prepare it for World Cup U17..and nothing done hy ATK...except aome plastic chairs ( BFC did the same for Kanteerava and National team benefits from it too)
    ATK like other ISL teams had a poor pre-season and the ridiculous schedules had more to do with injury issues than the carpet at YBK.
    The guy was an opinionated prick as a cricket admin & is nothing more than an arm chair football fan.
    had 1 whole year since ATK came into existence and their impact at youth level is full of the usual age rigging and other short cuts of Kolkata I-League clubs. .

As for the Article on some Bollywood kid.....i didn't even bother reading that shit
    DXsamArsenalFan700goalkeeparRonnyatuljgshibierdebarghya89mohammed_87hassanmunna219777and 4 others.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Good one @gaffertape couldn't agree more  but to give credit where it is due, ISL seems to have convinced 95% of India (including the press, just see the lines of coverage on print media and screen space given on TV) and many of dedicated Indian fans that indian football has finally found its saviour so we can expect ISL to maybe get even more of national calender to accomodate a 4-5 month league. Ways and means would be found to compress ileague into 2-3 months (dividing into zonal groups) and India will continue to be a laughing stock in SAFF. So now you have AIFF's roadmap for Indian football for next 5 years(sponsored by the white angels of #IMG).
  • souravindiasouravindia 3679 Points

Well why being a hypocrite..All throughout the forum, I find people talking about powerless AIFF infront of ISL (IMG) and talk of showing more spine.

I believe DADA has spoken just that. BCCI controls IPL in India, AIFF should do the same-- clearly indicating the same thoughts we are having in this forum

and Saltlake stadium turf was obviously one of the major reasons for injuries last season. No doubt about that.

nikhilclayton SFCatuljgjitug1979mohammed_87hassanfoxarchakdhritiman7
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    I wouldn't be surprised if there were people behind the scenes that tell Ganguly what to say. Same with others.

munna219777
  • DXDX 4074 Points
    Not sure what people's rants is with Dada, He said what the truth is, Why the hell should AIFF lift there hands just bcos they have IMG here?  of course AIFF needs to do more.
    Where is the Infrastructure? Where are the youth churned out from the Youth academies? Why close the Arrows initiative?

AIFF needs to not only look at the national league and grass roots programmes, but also help ISL, I hear its only the ISL who are talking to SAI for football ground booking, AIFF stood a mute spectator.

Also for season 1 when most indian footballers stayed away due to I-league pressure, AIFF stood a mute spectator rather than resolve the issues and ensure the best indian players played in ISL-1.

People expect a lot from a 3 month tournament, Why push conveniently the burden of infrastructure dev to IMG-REL?
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    BCCI controls IPL because it is their property they own it...

AIFF can't control ISL because it is an IMG-R / Star Sports property...and fyi for all you IFN 3 part timers... IMG-R owns AIFF :!!

I can't be bothered to repeat debates about Arrows closing down and its merits and why ISL-1 didn't get the backing from all I-League teams..

If guys like @DX are so brainwashed with the Kool-aid that provides them a team in Chennai ..then enjoy.

As I've said before....I'm too old to get into an ISL vs I-League debate. .and its one of the reasons i have been inconspicuous in past few months...
    BuT
    both ISL , I-League and obviously AIFF are all ignoring the under lying issues affectinf Indian football...and its annoying to see guys ( like Dada) crawal out of the wood work at this time of the year... ( like a few on IFN) & try to impart words of wisdom...
    good night >:/
    ArsenalFan700souravindiagoalkeepar7negigopiajeeshsamRonnymunna219777
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Couldn't agree more with you @DX.....ISL is a great initiative and with #IMG's help and guidance India will have the best league in Asia in next 5 years and FC Goa will win the AFC Champions league final after narrowly beating Chennayian FC played to a full house at JN stadium in Chennai (leaving a proud Abhishek in tears). Ofcourse India will also win the U17 world cup in between due to the path breaking talent groomed by ISL clubs in their weekend trips and the senior national team would be humiliating Japan at Yokohama (thus avenging the 3-1 defeat at YBK a few years ago). This ofcourse would happen because India would have the best league in Asia. Ofcourse AIFF will have to cooperate fully with #IMG for this to be achieved, not in the half hearted way it is doing currently.
    gaffertapenamewtheldgoalkeepar7negifootydipMaddiemunna219777reddevil87
  • nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    Its like damned if you do, damned if you don't. Lets give ISL some time, where it is leading to & whats it beconming before being judgmental about it.

ISL did created some buzz in a cricket crazed nations, if AIFF got half functioning  brain they should initiate various steps to channelize it. ISL hype + FIFA U17 world cup (depending on our team's progress) could very well be the change of fortunes but could AIFF get their act in order for once.
    ArsenalFan700mohammed_87hassan
  • nikhilnikhil blru548 Points
    BTW in yesterday's Wimbledon Qfinals between Wawrinka & Gasquet one commentator did mention about ISL...the other  commentator was asking him is Murray's win or Root's centurys will be the headline, this guy jokingly quipped "Tell you what, Beckham signing for Mumbai City, that would make the headline" :))

I was literally WTF  ROFL=))..may be ISL did get some publicity or IMG got some deep pocket
    :-\"