2015 I-League 2nd Division

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Congrats to Aizawl FC.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points

now next season I would love SLFC to get relegated ... as shilling has recently proved that they cant hold two teams in top division with slight reduce in fan base.... and may be way for Guwahati FC..

That will be perfect for NE zone... 3 teams from 3 different states of NZ region

atuljgMaddie
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    More than happy for Aizawl FC entry in I-league! They are passionate, have organization, are good team. Mizoram have had supplied many talented players in Indian football, now it's time to have a home team in the league. I liked the way they muscled into I-league I (not to be taken in the negative sense of the word). Moreover, Mizo youths needed something to look upto.

Congrats to them. Next I will root for a Manipur team in I-league II -- well, if there IS an I-league II 'next'.
    munna219777
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29252 Points
    there will be a I-league 2. A better I-league 2 if u believe in AIFF.
    Deb_Banmunna219777samiam
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Congrats to AFC and their supporters, welcome to I-League! 

Btw, cant the retards in AIFF rename the I-League Second Division to I-League 2 ? I-League 2 sounds much better than Second Division. 
    munna219777Deb_Bangoalkeepar
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9958 Points
    Aizawl FC in I-league will pose new problems for AIFF and clubs though. Aizawl being at one end of the country, that too in an isolated area, travel to there will be time consuming (not many direct flights/ night flights), exhausting and will be expensive too. Clubs will grumble, plus visitors would have to adjust to its height and temperature (not to mention the partisan supporters).

I'm sure Aizawl has many good quality hotels (with swimming pools?), as it is the state capital. And good grounds, too.

munna219777gaffertapesouravindia
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @mizo @aizawl congrats for winning the second div and all the best for the i-league campaign
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @Deb_Ban Aizawl connectivity is better then what we have for Gangtok and Shillong. Aizawl Airport is bigger and handles A-319 planes. By contrast Gangtok was dependent on long bus ride from bagdogra airport. Shillong airport is also very small, fit only for ATR 42 smaller planes so most people fly to Guwahati and then bus ride to Shillong. So flights and travel wise, Aizawl is way better in direct flights to Calcutta and Guwahati.
    About Accomodation, there is shortage of Hotels as restricted entrance of Foreigners or Inner Line Permit requirements even for Indian tourists over number of years as well as Border/sensitive area means tourism never blossomed there. Shillong and Gangtok have many hotels but hotels are limited there in aizawl.
    Check out this hotel

http://regencyaizawl.com/
    namewtheldDeb_BangoalkeepargopiajeeshArsenalFan700souravindiareddevil87
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Whats the news on Guwahati FC? Will they play I-League 2 next season or they have shut shop already?
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @eastbengalpride they will play in 2nd div next year. They have no plans to directly start in i-league despite the news that has come out in protidin.