2015 I-League 2nd Division

Comments

• 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    Latest pic of Home ground of AFC , i think they need facilities for telecast and good flood lights to meet AFC criteria 

reddevil87
  • hadfadkarhadfadkar 1236 Points
    Mohammedan Sporting Club lodged a complaint to AIFF, as according to them Aizawl FC and Chanmari FC allegedly fixed the match in between in I-league 2nd Division's 13th Round.
    munna219777
    They do in every edition of 2nd Divsion whats new 
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @7negi This stadium which you are showing is Lammual Stadium. That is old one. Their bigger stadium is Rajiv gandhi Stadium in Aizawl which has Athletics track.  Without Floodlights also, they can manage I-league I think with game
    imageimage
    reddevil87
    AFC likely to use Lammual Stadium. ... 
    Bundesliga team came they also used Lammual Stadium !
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Maybe at that time Rajiv Gandhi stadium was under Construction, thats why. Lammual stadium capacity is less, only 5000. Rajiv gandhi is bigger and better. @mizo can tell what is the status with Rajiv gandhi stadium.
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    If they are expecting a crowd in range of 8-10k in Rajiv gandhi stadium I would like to see them play in Lammual stadium with 5k capacity for 1 season and get good home environment rather than more crowd but no environment in a Athletic stadium..
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    They will flood the stadium at Rajiv Gandhi...Lanmual is too small for them..

Also when they travel to Shillong to play Wahingdoh or Lajong...the stadium in Shillong will also be packed out...

Lights are only a criteria for AFC ganes..not under National Licensing criteria.
    Bangalore Football Stadium had no lights...
    munna219777reddevil87
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    2 very interesting stories from Aizawl FC :

Lalrozama Fanai...the former Pune FC and Pailan Arrows left back has the unique distinction of winning the I-League in 2013-14 with Bengaluru FC and now won the 2nd Division a year later.

Rohmingthanga Lengpui has now helped 2 teams qualify for the I-League...firstly back in 2009 with Shillobg Lajong FC..and with this recent achievement with Aizawl FC...he will come up agaibst younger brother Lalchhuanmawia Fanai who is the future National team left back at Bengaluru FC
    Deb_Bannamewtheldreddevil87