Indian Football Transfer News 2015-16, Rumours, Gossips, Signings

Comments

• ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Seriously, give me Cornell Glenn or a fit Duffy over Ranti Martins and Odafa anyday.
  • preetampreetam 870 Points
    totally agree with @rohan looking past record of Duffy any i-league club will go for it ....conclusion is am against 1.5cr salary for odafa ranti ..am not saying kick them out but unnecessary don't pay ridiculous amt to these random player ...if club have capacity to spend 1.5 cr then bring more player like Sony ...my goodness I ve never seen that kind of pace in i-league ...can odafa ranti run like that? technical sense is that its delightful to watch Sony playing that way and he is NT player means he is one of the Best in Haiti.....could they bring striker from Syria Palestine Lebanon.... if player are coming from those region means additional info is coming along with them regarding AFC games
    deepu
    enen if club pay 75% salary of what ranti is getting these player will come running to India .. and by pointing those nation I mean proven one not random player .i.e NT player from those countries
    you know when odafa ranti were scoring 26-30 a season 6-8 goals are coming through penalties ...
    BTW, does anyone know if the AFC Cup is even worth it... money wise? Sometimes I feel like people on here look at it like the Europa League which has some money in it but look at the AFC Champions League and how clubs in Japan for example don't even try cause the J. League has more money than the AFC Champions League.
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited June 2015
    The problem is that I-League will attract unfit Duffy or unfit Carlos. Your choice- unfit Duffy or Odafa. Look what happened to Dempo this season. What would have happened to Sporting Clube de Goa if Odafa was not there? Can Bertos or Calum Angus or Carlos or Joshua Walker save any club from relegation?

@preetam Bertos, Carlos are National team players.
    rudra
    Duffy and Glenn, when fit, scored more than Ranti or Odafe though? They were top scorers with 14 goals with sides that were rubbish. Compare this to Ranti and Odafa who were on top Indian teams through their careers.

Bertos and Carlos were past it. Bertos was thrown out of a crap Wellington side... and so was Hernandez.
    Any player who has played in say the A-League and MLS and who was not just some flop, flop in those leagues (like Glenn for example) can succeed in India but they need to be willing to work with the coaches, understand that India won't be some joyride, and the coach needs to help as well.

If next season, Bengaluru FC sign an Omar Cummings then he will score at least 10-15 goals, easy.
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    I just want to put the perspective of the club in signing these recycled players again and again. You can't blame them. 
    1) You cant always guarantee a good player in European lower division will come good in Indian conditions. For that you need to have extensive information about the player and that will require extensive and fair scouting. Most of the so-called good players who are wiling to come are either over-hyped or fail to adjust to Indian conditions. 
    2) Signing a good player with 1 crore fees would involve few other things also. They expect the money to be transferred on time (weekly or monthly basis without any delay), which currently expect BFC and PFC (to some extent) have failed to do. As, Indian clubs are known for such delays, these good players are not wiling to take backward step in their career and move to India. (ISL is somewhat has good reputation in doing so but still few franchises have delayed their payments)
    3) Another foremost reason is lack of kick back money for the coach or the manager or the club owner in case of good player. Eventhough they might come cheap compared to Odafa and Ranti, but all the money would go into the pocket of the player and his representative than into club officials.
    4) Lack of good coaches and infrastructure compared to other places. 
    munna219777archakrudra
This discussion has been closed.