INDIA vs IRAN World Cup Qualifier LIVE | 8 September 2015

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    Still can imagine how Turks held them..maybe that's our only Ray of hope
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4030 Points
    edited September 2015

By Somak Sarkar during Asia Cup. Somak is a photographer, works with an e commence company, plays and loves football. 
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited September 2015
    we do have a IPL of football now :P
  • Yes I was about to mention that. And we imagined ISL four year back :p
  • Boy, Sardar Azmoun is a beast, Indian defenders will have a busy day!
  • shibiershibier 2997 Points
    Sept 8 India Vs Iran Possible scenario.
    -----------

Right from the start Iran holding the possession. India cant even stitch a three  touch pass move. Slowly slowly complete dominance by Iran. Match full on Indian half. In between  5 or 6 clear cut chances missed by Iran , Thanks to sheer luck and and some exceptional performances by Subrata . Towards the end of first half , from nowhere Sunil chetri scoring an unexpected and unbelievable goal. Half time !
    second half started , Iran high on confidence . complete dominance in Indian half . in every minute  Iran fwds raiding indian penalty area. Subrata rise to the occasion , some unbelievable save from him.   In the middle of the play in a counter attack ..Roobin one on one with Iran GK. For the first time Lord  tried a volley above   GKs head and found the Net !! For a moment full silence from 10K + crowd. Even Lord cant believe what he has done, so no celebration on the corner flag this time.

second goal hampered Irans confidence. Slowly panic mount in to their game and it really effects on their game .Indian confidence raised and start some possession game.One or two Indian attacks on Iran goal. Time running out. Pressure mounted on Iran players. Things are not going as their wish. Finally towards the end of play Iran put one back, But time was not enough to restore parity and Refree points the fingers to the center. An unbelievable win for India in Kanteerava !!!
    DX
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Robin Singh will be water-boy.
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    edited September 2015
    @gaffertape - I am not surprised Chuantea and Jackichand are exasperating the coach. SC is a pretty poor coach, we all know that, but whenever I saw Chuantea play, I was surprised at his seemingly awkward stance when defending. His body position is wrong, and this improved as the season went on at BFC. Chuantea has now been dropped from the team fro Iran btw.

Jackichand carries no presence at this level. He has good pace and acceleration and can turn well, but he doesn't have the nuance to get himself involved in games when the team is under the cosh. I am surprised about Vineeth, who does work very hard. But so did Balwant, and SC said the primary reason he didn't select Balwant was because he didn't have the attitude to work hard. Laughable.

I think all 3 of them can be used as squad players, but certainly not as starters IMO. Against Iran, space will be scarce and we will need outlets. Vineeth's pace on the wing to take the pressure off at times would have been something I would have considered.

In Brandon's case, his arrogance needs to be tuned, but the defensive side of his game is understandable as he has had very little senior football. That will come with experience. Surely though, SC should be more patient with the younger players with regards to defensive side of the game. I mean, SC seriously cannot be expecting all of the players to be finished articles? That would be ignorance on his part. 
    gaffertapedeepakcnamewtheldkartik91
  • samsam 16526 Points
    shibier I really started dreaming that. Don't do this as we will be disappointed most certainly !! 
  • RonnyRonny 10488 Points
    Also from the Iran Guam game I saw that we may still not be able to beat Guam at home.. They are better technically and physically way Superior.. They are just not asian basically white and black americans playing in Asia
    deepakcDeb_Ban
This discussion has been closed.