INDIA vs IRAN World Cup Qualifier LIVE | 8 September 2015

Comments

• The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    edited September 2015
    One of the biggest barriers a lot of our players have is this fear of the opposition. You need the coach build up the teams confidence; you can do that through regular game time at international levels and results of course, or work on individual players. SC doesn't seem like a individual coaching type guy. The one on one sessions with players and even some sort of mental coaching to over come pressures and apparent fears is something that's now done in Europe. Do we have someone who does this?

Some players don't get flustered by the opposition, and Romeo is one of those guys. Jackichand the complete opposite from what I have seen. Romeo also offers a goal threat and likes to get into the box and moves like a forward. I would have him in the starting 11 sooner rather than later and size really isn't a an issue if you are good enough.

I agree with the sentiments that Semboi Haokip and Balwant should be involved in the senior team now. I would certainly have Balwant in the team ahead of Jeje who hasn't been a regular at club level (in fact, Balwant starts ahead of Jeje for MB and Chennaiyin) . Haokip has good movement and that is something that I do not see in any of our other forwards except Sunil. He is also a willing player and takes on challenges instead of playing it safe, and that is what you need to see from young forwards, and also the top scorer in the I-League last season, but inconsistent and as a result, will score in patches but I feel he is ready now. But I would pick him over squad players like Jackichand or Francis. As for Jayesh, he has scored only twice in 3 full seasons of I-League and is punted out wide for Mumbai, no way is he deserving of a national team cap yet.
    arun
  • namewtheldnamewtheld Kolkata5665 Points
    Romeo may have all that attributes that you are saying. But this was not really the kind of match one would want a promising youngster to debut in. Against such an opposition there could be a lot of thing that could go wrong. That would put a lot of stress on him
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29700 Points
    Iook like both the country's has 2 things in common. Fans of both the teams hate Arab referees and both country's have shit commentators.
    namewtheldmunna219777Deb_Ban
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    going through twitter comments, in the second half those were not 5 freak minutes. yes we had concentration lapse, but there were so many chances for Iran in the second half. And i am not even talking aboout half chances, these were real chances. for me the real surprise was the period after  iran goal in 1st half, iran hardly looked like scoring a goal, that was the time i thought we can make it 2-0 or so. Second half iran changed a bit, but sheer grit from our defenders kept it respectable.
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Finally sc took gurpreet hope he takes romeo in next match
    Isl will give him good idea of whose good and whose better
    arun
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    saw BFC coaching staff - Ali Uzunhasanoglu and Reddy in West Block A, sitting with other 'regular' fans. I thought these people will be in VIP box or something. Is this a regular thing?
    karenesudhakar2050arun
    JeJe is worst player in India team today. if he could have finished both those chances it could have been 2-3.
    Sandesh Jhingan is best center back in India. India is not for him he should move to a foreign league after this ISL.
    arun
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    while coming back from the game, i was telling my friend 3-0 is such a ambiguous result. If it had been 2-0 or something, that would have been considered as a 'positive' result for us, upset of sorts! if 4-0 or 5-0 then we could clearly have said SC is shit. 3-0 is in borderline! Twitter/facebook comments telling me the same, people having highly divided opinion. I have a feeling, Koeverman's era really taken the expectations very low. I mean think from an Iranian perspective, 3-0 in away match, pretty good result, especially when they drew the last away agame against turkmenistan. 6-0 agaionst Guam happened in home.
    The real AGreddevil87
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Here's for those who say there were no home fans

goalkeeparmunna219777kartik91deepakcRonnycoolgaganreddevil87
This discussion has been closed.