FC Pune City News

Comments

• TNAmarkFromIndiaTNAmarkFromIndia India419 Points
    FC Pune City sign Mohamed Sissoko as Eidur Gudjohnsen replacement.
    AshishKauldeepak dedha
    Villarreal CF has invited FC Pune City Academy player Muhammad Ashique Kuruniyan for a 2.5 month trial starting from 31st October, 2016 to 15th January, 2016.
    Carbon_14BrainFallINDIAshubham_northeasternkartik91
    FC Pune City Academy boy Md. Ashique Kuruniyan gets heading to Villarreal

ISL Club FC Pune City on Tuesday got a big boost to their Academy plans as their product Md. Ashique Kuruniyan will head to La Liga club Villarreal to play for their third team on loan. This the first time a home grown Indian player academy has been selected by a top Spanish club to ply his trade in Europe. 

Excited at the development, FC Pune City CEO Gaurav Modwel said, “This is a testimony of the fact that India is brimming with talent and the right talent needs the right guidance to make the right moves. Ashique has the correct attitude and an appetite for goals. He will only get better with his stint in Spain and I won’t be surprised if he goes on to have a longer spell in Spain beyond the one year loan that we have agreed with Villarreal. I would like to thank Villarreal for taking this step and I hope this turns out to be first of many such initiatives that we will take together for the growth of Indian football “. 

The Kerala-born youngster has already made the right noises when he was picked for the India Under-19 team for the AFC U-19 Championships in Palestine. Prior to that, Ashique represented India for the Under-18 side in the FAM-Frenz Asia Champions Trophy where he scored a wonderful solo goal for India that brought him under the spotlight. Primarily a winger, Ashique can play across the forward line. 

Ashique said he was keen to make a mark in Spain and come back a better player and play for India and FC Pune City both. “This is a dream come true. All these years, we would admire these top clubs and their players from afar, but thanks to FC Pune City and Villarreal, I will get a chance to play at one of the most respected clubs in Spain,” said Ashique. 

Villareal CF’s President Fernando Roig said this is just the beginning of identifying good talent from India and giving them a chance to play against in our youth team. “Villarreal CF was more than happy to absorb Md. Ashique Kuruniyan in their side because they saw the spark in him. Our coaches will work on him and we will aim to realize his true potential. His development as a player is given and this will only bode well for football in India in general. We thank FC Pune City for facilitating this move and hope this inspires a lot more young talent to make it big in Europe.” 

LaLiga President Javier Tebas said this is just the beginning of identifying good talent from India and giving them a chance to play against the best in the business. “We thank FC Pune City and Villarreal CF for creating a competitive pathway for young talented players. Through ISL, we have already seen a lot of Spanish coaches and players come to India in the last three years. For us at LaLiga, it’s heartening to see Indian players making a move to Spain as well. We hope that this inspires many more young talented Indian players to get opportunities in Spain.”
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Bitch can't even get a game in the ISL and we expect him to do shit in Spain! Fuck off.

What is with this shitty obsession with the top leagues as well? Go to fucking Norway if you actually care about your career or the lower divisions in the US or something... a place where you can get proper playing time and actually have good coaching and infrastructure.
    red_devilrathorevarun4 skubydooalecsatuljgmohammed_87hassan
  • 7negi7negi India10890 Points
    This guy is not bad , and he is not heading to Villareal . He is going to play in 3rd team of Villareal . Also dont bash player its deal between Pune and Villareal . So he did not chose Villareal over Norway club 

I Will always remember his goal in ACT 2015 

thebeautifulgamedeepak dedhaalecsNagendraatuljg
    I will bash the player and I will bash the team. For FC Pune City this is just easy propaganda to show "Hey, look at us, we care about youth development! We just sent an Indian to Spain!" I wish this lad well but he has not played professionally yet and he was a bench player for one of the worst India U19 sides in the AFC U19 Championship qualifiers. I understand this is a partnership and all but he still could have chosen a different route.
    archak
    @ArsenalFan700 How can player chose anything if he have contract with Pune FC earlier and now FC Pune City. 
    Nagendra
    So are you telling me he is being forced against his will to go to Villarreal? He has a contract with FC Pune City, if they were not willing to play him in ISL then he could ask to either stay and train with the side or ask for a loan elsewhere where he can actually play.

Do you think he will get game time in the fourth division? That side does not seem to have a problem scoring goals as well.

And looking at the way FC Pune City is promoting this, how we all knew this from rumors and stuff a month ago, this is just a marketing ploy. If Villarreal really liked the guy, this would have happened before.
    He will also play in the CD Roda team in the Regional Preferente league.

Issue kid does not have many option , he is just 19 and in India 19 players listen to others , they dont think by their own , or use their mind like in other countries like US 
    jees_josekarenesudhakar2050Nagendradeepakc
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6520 Points
    ;7negi 

+ 1 ... completely agree.. as you said...we need to think in player's perspective as well.. I'm referring to Md. Ashique Kuruniyan