Bengaluru FC: Season 3 (2015-16)

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    I like a few. ..but also like guys like Hayden who are with the SAFF squad..

Sad to see some haven't grown since past 4-5yrs...
    gopiajeesh
  • @gaffertape please give your views about bidyanda heard much about him Is he luking promising & can be one of the best central mid in future btw freekick shows his capability but want to hear an expert view about him.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    edited August 2015
    I saw one practice game featuring Bidyanand in the Navi Mumbai academy ground (in 2012). He was  clearly the best among the team. They were playing against a local Mumbai team who were much older, he was able to feature out among all the footballers who were playing. Now it all depends on how much he has grown in the last 3 years. Through years I had my excitement over youth players who didnt do much later, I won't be holding my breath for any more, unless they prove themselves at senior level.
    gaffertaperathorevarun4 footydip
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    Shankar Sampingiraj is going to Italy for a training stint with Lega Pro Prima side Unione Sportiva Cremonese.

How come so many BFC players going for such training stints? Who is sponsoring them?
    rathorevarun4
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    Damn, not a bad move. Also love how this is being called what it is... a training stint.
    deepakckuldeep007
    @rudra BFC is paying for the flights / accommodation etc.

Part of the vision to have an all Indian starting XI in the I-league in 2 years , in preparation for AIFF master plan of making I-Leage an Indians only League , and thus prolonging the tamasha of ISL
    munna219777archakreddevil87deepakctejiarunkartik91spartakuldeep007
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    If BFC can pull this vision not at the expense of competitiveness it would be a fantastic achievement
    karenesudhakar2050
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    It's a good opportunity for Shankar, like it is for Udanta, but I do wonder how much they would get out training with Oxford and a 3rd division Italian side? If they stand out, and if work permits are easy-ish obtain, Shankar could make the move I guess.

No way will the UK govt. allow work permit for Udanta even if he is given a pro-contract by Oxford. 
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    The facilities are bound to be better, as would be the coaching, specially since Appleton was the mentor of Westwood.

Also, Oxford are kicking ass right now.
    Let's be honest...as we have seen with Sunil and others...no Indian player is goung ti be playing too tier European football this decade...and 2nd to 4th Tier in top countries like Spain, UK , Italy , France etc...is mules ahead of I-League in terms of facilities & level of play
    Alwyn George will be next to get the opportunity after he proves himself for 1 year