Videos & Pictures of Indian football

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited January 2016
    Rovers Cup in 1960s in Bombay. Mafatlal SC was a famous Bombay club at that  time. This is Old  Cooperage Stadium.

footydipreddevil87BrainFallINDIADeb_Banshibierkartik91
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    Very few videos are available of IM Vijayan . Haven't watched him play can @dhrithiman nd @munna nd others tell how good he was
    munna219777
  • shibiershibier 2996 Points
    @mohammed_87hassan  Vijayettan is from my town. In my childhood I have watched him playing in local sevens tournament when ever he gets a break from national and club duties.  I had seen him playing for FC kochi , Mohun Bagan and even for kerala team.  I reckon he was one of the best striker which we have in last few decades and I will rate him better than Bhutia at any day. If he got any such training facilities and opportunities that the current day players are getting I am sure that he would have reached in a different level. He has got amazing control on the ball and was exceptionally good in goal scoring  from half chances. His style of play is unique , speed is not good , looks like lazy in the field but when ever he gets the ball he will dribble past the defenders and it was a treat to watch. Vijayan and Chima was a deadly duo in those days and i have read many articles about the friendship between Vijayan and Chima. Vijayan once said that Chima tried to teach him english and later chima himself learned malayalam . As a person also he is very humble , it is sad to see that he is now serving as a normal officer in kerala police force  where his counterpart Bhutia is enjoying higher position in brighter avenues.
    atuljgreddevil87Deb_BanBrainFallINDIAnamewtheldmunna219777footydipkartik91arunNagendraand 1 other.
    I remember that Vijayan was nicknamed "Kaalo Harin" while Chima Okerie was called "Kaalo Cheeto". Harin means Deer and Cheeto means Cheetah. One more of their compatriot Bruno Coutinho was also a great player. Vijayan helped JCT win first NFL title and then after that FC Cochin reached great heights when Vijayan was playing for them. FC Cochin was getting more crowd then what present day Kerala Blasters is getting. 70 thousand plus in this very same stadium. Players like Vijayan, Coutinho, Ancheri played in DasMunshi era and thus they have little backing in present PP generation which is ruling AIFF. Bhutia was still captain of NT when PP took over so he knows everybody. For 2002 World Cup Qualification, India just missed out from qualifying into next round but we defeated UAE, drew with Yemen twice and got 11 points in the Group which is till date our best performance in WCQ.
    Vijayan is a simple guy. He changes his field so often. He got National award in Acting for Shatanam (Malayalam Film) but then didnt continue acting field after that. Coached Southern Samity FC but left it then. He also dabbled in Politics with Karunakaran who was Congress CM from kerala but I do not know much that why he left Politics after that.
    goalkeeparfootydipshibierkartik91Deb_BanarunNagendra
    Some Pics from India victory 1-0 over UAE in 2001 in WCQ. That is Sree Kanthareeva Stadium for you in Bangalore.

On top, Vijayan with goalscorer Jules Alberto. In second pic, we see Khalid Jamil.

goalkeeparfootydipnamewtheldshibierkartik91Nagendra
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    edited January 2016
    Was at this moment the world famous 'Gir Ja' technique of MFC started? :wink: :tongue: 

munna219777rudradeepu
    I remember Khalid Jameel was one of the best midfielder we had those days..
    munna219777arun
    Vijayan has acted in few malayalam movies as villain. Very recently he acted in a Tamil movie named Komban. 

munna219777arun
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    I liked that statement from one guy who said..."top clubs are missing point .. they are going to only privileged schools"
    I feel that that could be one trouble.. the kids from privileged schools would dream of EPL.. but underprivileged kids would give it all to make the dream true because that is what have got to improve their status.. it does become their way of life unlike the privileged kids who can still have other options if failed in football
    reddevil87