2016 I-League 2nd Division

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    LoneStar Kashmir FC : strong showing last year, will be there or therabouts....

Guwahati FC will struggle to get out of the initial group due to over reliance on "local youth"

Mohammaden Sporting Club have a decent team...but as usual the officials are their worst enemy ...especially in foreigner recruitment

DSK Shivajians FC the real dark horses...will Derrick deliver ?

PIFA Sports,

Kenkre Sports,

Dempo SC, FAVOURITES

NEROCA FC, : have assembled a really strong team already with a few ex-junior' India players...if they get the foreigners right they will do well

Fateh Hyderabad FC : cant comment

Gangtok Himalayan SC : slightly better than the Mumbai teams..won't get iut of group

Minerva FAC : a lot of good pkayers coming thru their Academy..but will probably get the balance of the team wrong
    EastBengalPridereddevil87rudrashankarmunna219777
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    If there are only 11 teams (I'm surprised that no Chanmari FC or Churchill or any clubs from Karnataka /TN/kerala)...then why 2 rounds? There can be a straight league like ileague.
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Then why give it the misnomer ileague 2?? It is a qualifying tournament for a tournament (ileague) which may not exist in 2017....sad for the qualifying clubs
  • reddevil87reddevil87 1858 Points
    What will be the duration of I-league2 (stage1 and stage2 combined)? Considering 1 match a week, it will take 10 weeks (2.5 months) for each stage based on home and away basis. So both stages together will be around 20 week ie 5-6 months. So, if the league does not start before Dec, then I don't see is completing in time. Also, if implemented properly it feels i-league 2 is going to be longer than i-league.

Further, based on track record of AIFF, this is again going to be another fake promises from the officials. I still remember there were few noises about home and away league pattern last year too but still we ended up in old pattern of league2. 

I am bit skeptical on this, instead they should focus on growing I-league (both financially and quality wise) because what are these team going to play for if there is no I-league in future. 
    Deb_Ban
  • shankarshankar 2600 Points
    May be they are checking the viabity of this format so i league team be demoted to second div in this format makil isl top div league
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Lonestar FC: another company team (so why were Churchill/ Air India scrapped. Lonestar do not represent J&K also).
    PIFA and Kenkre: Why are they always given chances?
    Fateh Hyderabad, Minerva, Gangtok Himalayan SC: who are these jokers?

Has Vasco, Hindustan FC, New Delhi Heroes, United SC, Tollygunge, Chennai City FC folded?

What are the criteria followed for selecting an I-league-II team? Are there any?
    deepakcmunna219777AKB
  • samiamsamiam 1614 Points
    Why sporting is in 2div?
  • archakarchak 2082 Points
    @deb_ban Lonestar group joined as sponsors to Kashmir FC like ub group for EB and MB.

United SC were not selected because they didn't participate in last year's cfl premier div.

@sam would be the best to elucidate on Sikkim Himalayan SC. if i ain't wrong they are quite a reputed club in Sikkim right.

Minerva is a private academy from Chandigarh reportedly with huge finances.

The clubs had to forward their names via their respective state associations to participate in 2nd division.

• usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    i actually like this season paticipants
    hopefully some new players come up