AFC Champions League 2016 and AFC Cup 2016

Comments

• AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    No body is dreaming about an ACL proper spot under the present circumstances.The gap is enormous. But getting beyong the 1st qualification hurdle is not a bad achievement.
    Some 200 nations including India play in WC qualifiers, Most do not qualify for the WC proper, but some go to a reasonable distance.....which is also not a mean feat. Let us give credit where it is due. So long AIFF do not act professionally it will be very difficult for any Indian Club to go far. Professionally means right from infrastucture, planning, scheduling, marketing, selection of NT coaching staff, roping in Big Corporate houses as Sponsors etc. etc. Organizing a 3 m long 61 match tournament which is not recognized by FIFA or AFC may be very attractive as an entertainment value but how much it helps Indian Football.....time will tell & it is not professionalism.     
    munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9301 Points
    Well we would be approaching 3rd season of ISL and I dont see any difference in grassroot level development than what it was 6 months before ISL 1. Has Kabaddi Pro League ensured more Indian kids taking up Kabaddi? So how will ISL ensure the same for football? Its a waste at the moment, the leagues needs to be unified.
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    More than the budget it is the support from the federation in China which had a clear vision of developing a world class footballing ecosystem in place In India on the other hand we have PP. Enough said.
    Deb_Banmunna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    China has more than the football federation, they have the entire government on them. They are basically like what cricket is in India.
    samiamred_devil
  • Well.. ProKabaddi HAS inspired people to take up kabbaddi. I have listened to many kabbaddi related conversations in trains.

It is a rage in rural areas. My work takes me to rural interior villages of Maharashtra and i can say confidently that kabbaddi has flourished because of ProKabaddi League. People praising/ criticizing the players, strategy etc is common to hear. 

School children practising hard with idols like Adake , Anup, Narwal says a lot about its reach and impact in rural areas.

The money players are receiving from auctions are biggest motivation. Besides infrastructure requirements for kabbaddi are minimal.

karenesudhakar2050deepumunna219777atuljgkartik91spartared_devil
  • deepakcdeepakc Mumbai 3416 Points
    Kabbadi has shown how a pro league CAN help a sport......many things to learn there The PP/NIta combo smells of corruption and greed all the way with zero regards for sport
    munna219777
  • ArsenalFan700ArsenalFan700 Reddit13655 Points
    So, not going to answer my question on the other thread? Just going to spew more stuff about Patel and Nita?
    red_devil
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    FC Tokyo 9-0 Chonburi

BOOM !!
    deepakcDeb_Banatuljgsamiam
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    58 thousand fans came at Jeddah Stadium for Al-Ittihad vs Al-Wehdat. 2-1 for home team.

• Deb_BanDeb_Ban 10066 Points
    Regarding FC Tokyo and Chonburi ... is the difference that big?