AFC Champions League 2016 and AFC Cup 2016

Comments

• mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    JDT are quite beatable they are tough but not unbeatable ...... i expect BFC to win if they are at there best
    gaffertape
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6482 Points
    ;munna219777 ..

We will not be knowing until we face likes of Bahrain, Lebanon or Jordan clubs... But in past, we have defeated them...

Please don't share results where we have done bad...Have considered only top performers for India (year wise).

In 2008, Dempo done good against Bahrain, Lebanon and Oman clubs (finished 2nd) and E.B won against Jordan club... 
    2009, Dempo done good against Bahrain, Lebanon and Jordan clubs (finished 2nd in group stage)
    2010, Churchill qualified from group B. However they haven't faced any of  Bahrain, Lebanon and Jordan clubs. But earned a point at home against Al-Kuwait
    2011, Dempo defeated Al-Ansar (Lebanon club) at home and finished 2nd in group
    2012, Salgoacar lost both the ties against Jordan club, both won home tie against Oman club..
    2013, Due to format change, E.B haven't faced any of the Bahrain, Lebanon and Jordan clubs
    Same with Churchill in 2014 and Bengaluru in 2015..

Regarding format change, only in 2016 , teams from East & West Zone cannot face till final.. But in 2013, 2014 & 2015, format is different and we could have faced Bahrain, Lebanon and Jordan clubs...but haven't faced any of them... 
    munna219777deepakcshubham_northeastern
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited September 2016
    Yeah it was pre-ISL days. Our I-League clubs were much stronger in those days. Young Ranty, Beto, Odafa. Two leagues have literally weakened the clubs. At that time also, we were not like winning the Groups. In last few years, we have not faced Arab clubs. Neither Indian nor East Asian clubs are at the level of Arab clubs. East Asian zone is the weakest in my memory this time. Indonesia is banned (Persipura Jayapura) and Thailand, Vietnam clubs are upgraded to ACL and no longer feature in AFC Cup. With the absence of Kuwait clubs, it is straight Finals between JDT and either Al-Ahed or Al Muharraq.
    NagendraArsenalFan700samDeb_BandeepakcCarbon_14
  • samsam 16428 Points
    BTW has anybody seen the owner of JDT aka TMJ? 
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29260 Points
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    As predicted earlier Al Ahed  won 3-2 against Air force club
    Final venue is decided by draw during quarter final draw.  
    final venue - West semifinal winner will host the final
    Air force club Iraq wins means it will be Doha, Qatar
    Al Ahed FC  wins means it will be in Beirut, Lebanon

Al Ahed FC is upper like BFC, They drew 1-1 against Airforce and next they have home game. 
    munna219777
    Final will be in Beirut, Lebanon
    munna219777
  • alecsalecs Kerala663 Points
    Air force of Iraq in AFC Cup final by beating Al Ahed, So will the final will be Doha or beirut.
    munna219777Nagendra
    edited October 2016
    Sorry, Ignore my previous message. That was score from half time. FT - Al Ahed 2-3  Air force Club over turned in the second half.  Air force club Irag progressed with 3-4 Aggregate.  

By this over turn my BFC history is getting doomed ... :P 
    munna219777