Calcutta Football League 2016

Comments

• samsam 16428 Points
    Now we get it why they did not come to play the derby.  :D
  • samsam 16428 Points

Kolkata is again Red and Gold 
    thebeautifulgamemunna219777deepakcfootydip
  • samsam 16428 Points

CFL: Tollygunge hands an upset to Mohun Bagan in the much awaited “replay” match

Tollygunge upsets Mohun Bagan in CFL by a goal THIF
    Tollygunge upsets Mohun Bagan in CFL by a goal. THIF

Kolkata: The recent drama in Calcutta Football League ended up in an upset as Tollygunge Agragami defeated Mohun Bagan by a Joel Sunday goal on Thursday. The Tollygunge forward scored the goal form Vashum’s cross in the 32nd minute. Mohun Bagan will be upset as they couldn’t capitalize atleast four or five easy chances in the game. Darryl Duffy, Daniel Bidemi and Azharuddin Mullick failed to score from the easiest of chances they got.

The Mohun Bagan team already knew that, East Bengal have sealed the league for the seventh time on a trot as they had beaten Mohammedan Sporting Club by a solitary goal before Bagan’s match started.

A big question was raised against IFA regarding the match, as before every match IFA must had to publish the team list of the playing teams. But in this match, they didn’t publish any team list . When asked regarding this matter to IFA treasurer Krishnendu Banerjee, he stated, “We only publish the team list of the matches which telecast on TV.” He added,“We don’t give the man of the matches in those matches also.”

The same question was asked to the IFA secretary Mr Utpal Ganguly. Firstly, he told he didn’t know anything regarding this but later he told the same rule as the IFA treasurer stated earlier. That means if there is no telecast of CFL from the next season there will be no team list in the big matches like Kolkata Derby.

Mohun Bagan President Swapan Sadhan Basu was present during the match. After the match, he stated with a clap that,” Well played Tollygunge Agragami, our aim is to win the I-league.”

Regarding the match Tollygunge Agragami coach Ranjan Chowdhury said,”Mohun Bagan had paid back by their own coin, Bagan could have drawn their match last time but but in this replay they have lost all three points.”
    He also added, “I had told my players that it was a must win game for us as we had to save our religation and my players had kept their words.”

Mohun Bagan Coach Shankarlal Chakraborty stated, “We had only participated in the tournament to bring some new talent from this league and we are successful.”

• footydipfootydip Ranaghat, Nadia, West Bengal2722 Points
    New talent? Which one?  Bidemi? Duffy?  You should field 100% indian player to claim that. Bad excuse. 
    red_devil
  • Both IFA and MB messed it up badly. Even the ardent supporters of MB cannot defend these excuses.
    footydipkarenesudhakar2050
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    So finally  CFL (Corrupted Football League) comes to an end
    samAKBdeepakc
  • samsam 16428 Points
    Had the OTHER team won it, would you have said the same thing? Have some sportsman spirit. 
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29248 Points
    He is a ISL fan and he hates all the others tournaments which includes I-league,Fed cup, CFL,GPL,AFCu16,Fifau17,Indian national team matches etc.
    samDeb_BanNagendradeepakckuldeep007
  • red_devilred_devil kolkata2468 Points
    Wow ... @goalkeepar thanks for your input . I feel much obliged after hearing this. 
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points
    At half-time, East Bengal 1-0 Aryan, Adileja scored the only goal in the 23rd minute. In the other match, Mohun Bagan 0-0 Mohammedan Sporting at half-time.