2017 AFC CUP and ACL

Comments

• BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    It was never supposed to last forever and it served it's purpose . What if we had played a friendly and lost ? Instead of Myanmar we wouldve been playing North Korea . How about that ? 

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    @BrainFallINDIA I disagree here. If you look at the Draw for the Third Round

Pot 1 :  Jordan, Oman, Phillipines, Kyrgyzstan, Bahrain, North Korea

Pot 2  India, Palestine, Tajikistan, Vietnam, HongKone, Turkmenistan.

Pot 3  Maldives, Lebanon, Yemen, Afghanistan, Taiwan, Myanmar

Pot 4  Malaysia, Singapore, Cambodia, Nepal, Bhutan, Macau.

India was in Pot 2. Even with the present setting, we could have been playing against North Korea instead of Kyrgyzstan. Instead of Myanmar , we could have drawn against Lebanon. With a Bad Draw, our Group could have looked like  North Korea, India, Lebanon, Malaysia. How can not playing Friendly save us from that scenario?
    It is luck of Draw that we escaped stronger teams, not the ranking.
    If India was in Pot 3, then also we could have drawn against Kyrgyzstan or North Korea. In Pot 2 also same possibility.

Anybody thinks that by playing one friendly, we would have dropped to Pot 3? In that case, can somebody come up with points calculations (Win, Draw, Loss scenario).

Carbon_14goalkeepar
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7380 Points
    edited March 2017
    Ok , fine ,was wrong about NK . Suppose we played two friendlies ,as there were two FFWs . We lost two , our rank would be somewhere around 140-146(?).We wouldve been in pot 3 i guess.So lets say Lebanon moved up to pot 2 bcz of us being in pot 3 . Now look at the teams we avoided facing ,all those teams in pot 3 and look at all those teams in pot 2 whom we have a chance of facing . Now which one will you prefer ? Pot 2 or Pot 3 ?
    munna219777
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    And remember, Brunei which is in india's group is Kuwait's replacement 

imagine that group. 
    munna219777PrakashKsamiam
  • munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited March 2017
    That is extreme scenario. Why two Friendlies? Why not one Friendly? And why will we lose both the Friendlies?

How much India ranking would have fallen down that they would have gone  to Pot 3? Maldives may have come in Pot 2 as at that time, it was ranked higher then Lebanon. We might have got even easier Group with losing both friendlies and jumping to Pot 3 or an extremely difficult group even in this situation of Pot 2.

Even after losing those two Friendlies, we could have ended up with Kyrgyzstan, Maldives, India, Bhutan. What a fantastic Group.

It is luck of the Draw which determine the favourable opponents-not sitting at home without any Friendly.

Nobody thinks like that. Only AIFF came up with this remarkable excuse.

@Carbon_14 ; It is Macau now I guess. Yeah North Korea, India, Lebanon, Kuwait and we would have been cursing our not playing any Friendly theory. :)
    Carbon_14Deb_Ban
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29707 Points
  • AKBAKB Kolkata3039 Points
    MB must decide what is the priority irrespective of what certain knowledgeables may feel....even AIFF doesn't care about AFC Cup which is clear from the cramped schedule.  
    Deb_Banmunna219777
    edited March 2017
    AIFF forces MB to play 18 I-League matches + 8 AFC Cup matches + 4/5/6 Fed Cup matches within 144 days & remember this schedule includes travelling all over India, to Colombo, to Dhaka & to Male (twice). If still anybody argues that both the tournaments (I-League & AFC Cup) be given equal importance......Good Luck to him

Deb_Banmunna219777
    edited March 2017
    Just to accommodate ISL ..... AIFF has made the I-League & participation in AFC tournaments by India's 2 top most clubs a joke. Also AIFF has totally ignored India's International commitments from Oct to Dec. We are left with just a hollow trumpet "Let's Football"
    goalkeeparDeb_Banmunna219777
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30182 Points
    They should change that slogan to 'Let's Eyeball' :)
    gaffertapemunna219777