Indian Football Infrastructure

Comments

• G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    edited January 2022
    Andheri was closer to me, but spectator experience there is so bad. In Cooperage the stands are higher than the turf. There is also space to expand. Andheri is a Sports Complex. I don't think they can expand further. Maybe remove the current stands and build a new one at a height.

Even in an I-League match between Indian Arrows and Chennai City, there was decent attendance. It was not people who started following because of ISL.

Eventhough it's a cricket stadium, DY Patil is way better than Andheri Sports Complex.

Kharghar (as per the plan) is a decent place to build a stadium. People from the island will have to travel a bit, but it's very close to Navi Mumbai
    Carbon_14indian_goonergiridharanmunna219777ashindia
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    edited January 2022
    Aaditya is incharge of  Maharashtra government, Brihanmumbai municipal corporation, Mumbai District Football association. He is doing best he could with Andheri Stadium (under BMC) and CIDCO which is constructing park at Kharghar (Maharashtra Gov)

Cooperage stadium is WIFA owned (western india football association) with Praful Patel at the helm. it has been neglected. For VIP marriage function they readily give stadium.
    but they have undermined I-League clubs from Mumbai and siffer court cases for years in renovation. Poor leadership by PP
    Carbon_14G_Kindian_goonergiridharan
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3624 Points
    I think Aaditya in general on overall Mumbai infrastructure projects has done a commendable job. Can't agree more Andheri stadium this is the best we have seen of it so far. Cooperage renovation you can find in our forum goes back 10 years. Nothing has been done. Will be a true football stadium
    munna219777ashindia
  •  For VIP marriage function they readily give stadium

yes exactly, in early 2000s I used to read  some VIP marriage being held every then and that too when NFL season was ongoing which hosted Mahindra United home games. I think the rent used to be 50k for 1 day. Being a football fan, it used to hurt me. I used to say like wedding ke baad suhaag raat be mana lete with spectators.

Later on we can see football stadium across the world do hold some non sporting events. I was shocked to read about Emirates stadium was used for rock concerts etc. But those people don't do damage to the pitch.

munna219777giridharanashindiathebeautifulgame
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    Stadiums usually protect the turf with temporary stadium flooring before holding events like concerts. It’s a common practice at major stadiums.
    munna219777indian_gooner
    edited January 2022
    NRG Stadium , Houston is a multipurpose stadium
    American Football, Football,  Livestock Rodeo, Concert, Howdy modi, Wrestlemania, Motorsport, Basketball they can organise anything except Cricket and Athletics.

Pics can tell how one stadium easily switches over to so many events.

Reliantstadiumjpg
    Chris Canetti Fans can 39experience the spirit of Houston39 at 2026 World  Cup - Insider Sport
    Houston TX 2 - NRG Stadium  Monster JamThe Concert History of NRG Stadium Houston Texas United States  Concert  Archives

Deb_Banindian_gooner
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9962 Points
    We don't need stadiums that can hold so many events. Just ISL football and Ambani grandchildren's marriage will do.
    munna219777indian_goonergiridharan
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29259 Points
    Hope for a I league team from Ladakh
    Thats a very high altitude. We are talking about more then 3000 meters aboe sea level.
    There are FIFA laws prohibiting any international match above 2500 meter. Also for 3000 m , 2 weeks acclimitisation will be needed and performance  definitely gets impaired.
    Todays temperature is maximum  -8
                                     minimum  -18

I cant see I-League club from there.
    Carbon_14goalkeeparindian_goonerashindiagiridharan