I-League 2018–19

Comments

• SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    CCFC nails it with the 3rd goal. 

Game..set..match...championship.... Congratulations CCFC 
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9298 Points
    Gaurav Bora scores twice to give CCFC the title! EB made it 2-1! Kudos to our boys, we fought it till the end! What a league! Take that scrotum scratchers of isl
    Soccerloverrathorevarun4 sparta
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29670 Points
    Salute to Chennai City, deserving champions of the I-League!

Wonder where the "script" went wrong. :p
    edited March 2019
    What drama, what action, what thrill!!

Even more than the last two times, the finale was more dramatic this year! The rise of clubs like CCFC, Real Kashmir have proved that, contrary to some pundits, football is alive and kicking in India.

Rather than singing the dirges of I-League, we should say Viva la I-League ! <3 
    trojanDeb_BanEastBengalPridereddevil87Nagendraspartagoalkeepar
  • DEFENCE123DEFENCE123 India657 Points
    This was the last ever round of I-League and what a round it was!
    debarghya89deepu
    @the@thebeautifulgame ;  Chennai City didn't market properly, the title deciding game was played in an almost empty stadium. Imagine if they combine ISL and I-League. It would be amazing
    deepu
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29264 Points
    I league trophy giving ceremony cut by star sports for isl pre show.
    @goalkeepar Why is CCFC so happy? They just got relegated to 2nd division
    deepu
    edited March 2019
    One more match of I-League, Minerva vs Real Kashmir, remains

Even if RKFC loses, they would still be assured of the 3rd spot. Another success story of the I-league, one of the best performances by a debutant in the League. They were the only side who managed to defeat Chennai City twice, both in the home and away fixtures and conceded the least no. of goals among all the teams--14
    Deb_BanEastBengalPrideNagendraspartagoalkeepar
  • SoccerloverSoccerlover 3434 Points
    Excepting for Mohun Bagan in 2014-15, its been the underdogs/new teams,who have won the I-League in the past years.

BFC, Aizwal, Minerva and CCFC all newcomers to the league and went all the way to win the championship in either the very 1st/2nd year. And almost every year, it has gone down to wire to determine the winner.Even Neroca's performance has been laudable ever since they have been promoted. Ditto for Kashmir who did so well in the very first year..

Does it sends some strong message to the teams, who have been living in the past and dwelling on past glory/history? 

Football is changing in India and changing for good - where systems/process/planning & execution/professionalism are the buzz words and nothing else matters. Those who cannot understand this simple trend would soon go into oblivion in Indian football.

Samyajitreddevil87spartaCarbon_14goalkeepar