FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 & AFC Asian Cup 2023 Qualification

Comments

• Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Denmark qualified too
    thebeautifulgameEastBengalPrideNagendra
  • when will the 3rd round draw will take place?

Easy group - India, Myanmar, Maldives, Sri Lanka
    Tough group - India, Tajikistan, Yemen, Indonesia

This FIFA ranking doesn't show the true ranking of a team. I'm surprised to see so many strong teams which used to beat India or which are really stronger than India are now below us.
    Nagendramunna219777Ronnyashindiakartik91
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6481 Points
    when will the 3rd round draw will take place?

Easy group - India, Myanmar, Maldives, Sri Lanka
    Tough group - India, Tajikistan, Yemen, Indonesia

This FIFA ranking doesn't show the true ranking of a team. I'm surprised to see so many strong teams which used to beat India or which are really stronger than India are now below us.
    Easy group :   India, Myanmar, Maldives, Sri Lanka
    (but should be fine with Pot3 teams like Hong Kong/Singapore/Afghanistan . Only Malaysia & Yemen are stronger teams. In Pot4, as you mentioned only Indonesia is difficult one, any other teams like Nepal/Cambodia/Mongolia/Bangladesh/Sri Lanka should be fine)

Tough group : India, Kuwait, Malaysia , Indonesia
    ( In Pot2,  Kuwait will be strongest opponent followed by Thailand & Tajikistan. Though we have defeated 
    Thailand couple of times, Thailand >= Tajikistan
    In Pot3, As you mentioned Yemen will be difficult opponent, but I would rate Malaysia higher than Yemen. Have watched couple of Malaysian games and they are very good)
    Passiindian_goonermunna219777Carbon_14souravindiaDEFENCE123
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Draw will take place anytime after October 22nd as they will use Oct 21 rankings
    Surprisingly they are not giving the date.
    Probably covid concerns 
    Carbon_14Sanjeev BiswassouravindiaG_KashindiaNagendraindian_gooner
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    On October 22, there is a logo launch. I think the draw will take place that day.
    ashindiaNagendramunna219777indian_gooner
    edited October 2021
    BREAKING: Asian Cup Qualifiers last round to be held as single round-robin ties in centralised venues. The three matchdays will be 8th, 11th & 14th June 2022.
    indian_goonerNagendraAbhishekashindiamunna219777Carbon_14
  • G_K said:
    BREAKING: Asian Cup Qualifiers last round to be held as single round-robin ties in centralised venues. The three matchdays will be 8th, 11th & 14th June 2022.
    That would be after ISL. So what about the  Feb dates that Stomach is saying?
  • so that means lose/draw a game and chances becomes less. but i would have love to see 2 matches per team. because we or any SAFF/poor teams gets  such matches rarely.
    dev_pfcgoalkeeparashindiaRonny
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    You just know that the Gulf and ASEAN teams are going to get all the hosting rights and gain a significant advantage now.
    indian_goonerashindiamunna219777Sanjeev BiswasCarbon_14kartik91
    FSDL will be most happiest with this news. We are not bound to play in Jan-Feb window or even in March window. They can have no break in between the season. 

Sad for us NT team fans. Next match can possibly be these qualifiers in June '22.
    goalkeeparindian_goonerashindiamunna219777Carbon_14giridharan