FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 & AFC Asian Cup 2023 Qualification

Comments

• RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Every game is so close! Lebanon is such a surprising team..they improve their level when playing against bigger teams..they lost to Turkmenistan in the previous round, conceded 2 against SL and now Korea and Iran barely beat them
    munna219777namewtheld
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6469 Points
    Lebanon is most impressive team in third round followed by Oman. Lebanon team is unfortunate to concede 2 goals against Iran in dying minutes.

Though they have benefitted with foreign born Lebanese players, they always have quality players and qualified to final round earlier as well.  Lebanese club (Al Ahed) won AFC cup in 2019 and two other clubs are finalists in earlier seasons. Their country unrest coupled with suspension of their league coupled with semi-professional players, their football growth is halted.
    I'm surprised to see they have players from Japan & Cyprus top tier, Qatar league and European (Sweden 2nd tier & English division players)

Regarding Oman, after their qualification, I have thought they will face difficulty while playing Australia & Japan. But I'm wrong. Though they have lost points against Saudi & China, they have outplayed Saudi & China in those games. Even away game with Australia , they have played attacking football. Instead of parking the bus, Oman players always trying to score goals and trying to win games/points.

goalkeeparRonnyashindiamunna219777giridharanindian_gooner
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29237 Points
    Power of origin players
    edited November 2021
    I thought Oman was terrific against Australia! They almost managed to beat Qatar in the qualifiers. Kind of reminds me that we actually performed pretty well against Oman ourselves
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    Lebanon were awful to watch in all their games, I think they will get heavily thrashed in at least one of the remaining matches.

They are sustaining themselves on scoring lucky goals, terrible finishing by their opponents and lots of time wasting tactics.
    munna219777kartik91
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6469 Points
    Boalha said:
    Lebanon were awful to watch in all their games, I think they will get heavily thrashed in at least one of the remaining matches.

They are sustaining themselves on scoring lucky goals, terrible finishing by their opponents and lots of time wasting tactics.
    not sure about which games you are referring. They are very good against Iraq & Syria.  They might have outplayed by Iran & S. Korea. They are top Asian football nations and their dominance is expected.

Haven't followed Lebanon vs UAE game.. Hence cannot comment on this match.
    goalkeepar
    Lebabon vs Syria was a very good game and some great goals were scored by Lebanon
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Brazil qualified too!
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    I guess there's a big gap in quality between the 3 Arab teams, and Korea and Iran in that group.

Very disappointed by UAE though. The way they were scoring goals for fun earlier this year, I expected a lot more from them. At least the 3rd spot in the group is wide open. Let's see if Lebanon can make me eat my own words and sneak into the playoffs.
    gaffertape