FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 & AFC Asian Cup 2023 Qualification

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28557 Points
    edited May 2021
    My Starting XI

Gurpreet Singh
    Subhasish, Chinglensana, Jhingan  Kotal.
    Thapa   Brandon  Borges
    Kuruniyan   Sunil   Manvir

Subs :-  Bipin, Glan  Gehlot  Chhangte

Selected this team on the basis of overall NT experience and some promisiing new players. . This XI should be good enought to defeat bangladesh and afghanistan
    giridharanNagendraAbhishek
  • RonnyRonny 10497 Points
    Good 11. Apuia to replace Brandon and Glan for Borges. Mid suddenly becomes inexperienced then. Though Brandon and Glan have played together
    munna219777goalkeeparNagendraAbhishek
    No need to bring in Ishan as he will chase shadows. Liston can come in for Ashique or Manvir
    munna219777dev_pfcgaffertapegoalkeeparNagendraAbhishekashindiaLord_Pessikartik91
    edited May 2021
    Looking at the importance of these qualifiers it makes sense that Stimac has gone for mostly proven players and no experiments at this stage. That explains bringing in subashish, Pranoy, Udanta etc. These guys may not have had the best of seasons but they know how to handle international football
    gaffertapemunna219777NagendraAbhishekindian_goonerkartik91
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30211 Points
    I would not pick Ashique in my first XI, certainly not as a winger. He has not been very impressive in his recent performances, not sure how effective he would be after his injury. Might well give a start to Bipin Singh.

Same for Borges, experience he certainly has but Glan Martins is in the form of his life and if he can carry the form he showed during the AFC Champions League, nothing like it.

No doubt the defence is weak and the midfielders would have to do a lot of defensive duties
    munna219777NagendraAbhishekgiridharanindian_gooner
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C4023 Points
    My Starting XI
                                                                              GSS
                                               Kotal           Jhingan          Sana   Mishra
                                                                             Suresh
                                                                  Glan                 Brandon
                                                 Manvir                                           Bipin
                                                                              Chhetri
    thebeautifulgamemunna219777NagendraashindiaAbhishekindian_gooner
    edited May 2021
    If this left side of mid and def could get overrun definitely against teams like Qatar. If we are to be defending replace Brandon with Borges. Borges and Bipin have an understanding of playing together there at MCFC and will have better chemistry.
    Abhishek
    edited May 2021
    I dont think Stimac will put Mishra up against Qatar. He's a good player but lacks top level NT experience. Bose should be able to step up and could be assisted by Ashique on the wings for more stability. Suresh is a good runner but Apuia looks technically better and provides more defensive solidity against Qatar. We could even see Sahal start instead of Glan, it all depends on who performs better in training. I feel the coach will go back to the tried and tested nucleus who played previous qualifiers because they are already familiar with all 3 teams.
    giridharanmunna219777NagendraAbhishekindian_goonerkartik91
    edited May 2021
    Well the so called tried and tested nucleus has so far failed us big time even against minnows. I personally feel Mishra is a modern day left back. He should be given chances to grow. Yes Apuia was a miss!! what an elegant player on pitch. Sahal no offense will not do anything offensively., he has forgotten what it takes to be creative this season. I hope he does not play before Glan.( I wont even get started with his defensive contribution). Suresh is more than a runner in my opinion. His contribution was way way more than anyone else. Apuia and him could play together. But we def need Suresh in international level i feel. Thats why I packed out mid with 4-5-1

This is it, If we lose Stimac has to go!!! about time
    munna219777thebeautifulgamegoalkeeparNagendraashindiaRonnyindian_goonerPassikartik91