Transfers for season 2011-12

Comments

• shankarshankar 2600 Points
    East Bengal signed Edmilson
    wasnt edmilson signed a new contract with royal wahingdoh just couple of weeks back???
    how come the contract is so easily broken??
  • MidlajjMidlajj 134 Points
    Chirag United Kerala has completed the signing of Nigerian forward, James, of Indian Origin.
  • rudrarudra 2958 Points
    East Bengal signed Edmilson
    wasnt edmilson signed a new contract with royal wahingdoh just couple of weeks back???

he played too....
    according to some unconfirmed source RW coach was very unhappy and they wanted to take action...player transfers in India still to reach professionalism
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    South Korean striker Park Jae-Hyun signs for SC Goa.Has experience of playing in K-League and Greek League.
  • South Korean striker Park Jae-Hyun signs for SC Goa.Has experience of playing in K-League and Greek League.

He seems like a great signing for them. Actually to me he could prove better than Theo with Dempo. Lets be honest. Park was playing in the K-League regularly and that is better than playing in the Trinidadian league. Sporting may have just gotten a bargain here.
  • AdminAdmin 240 Points
    Dempo SC has roped in the services of Japanese attacking midfielder Yusuke Kato

Japanese footballer Yusuke Kato has signed a contract with Goan club Dempo SC, with the player confirming the move in his personal blog.

Kato, a midfielder by trade, is also the second Japanese to represent in the top division of Argentine league, where he played for Huracán.

The 25 year old has last played for Japanese club MIO Biwako Kusatsu. Writing in his blog, Kato revealed," I know it's sudden, but today I've signed a contract with India's Dempo SC."

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2012/01/31/2875931/dempo-sc-complete-signing-of-yusuke-kato"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/t ... usuke-kato</a><!-- m -->
  • Dempo SC has roped in the services of Japanese attacking midfielder Yusuke Kato

Japanese footballer Yusuke Kato has signed a contract with Goan club Dempo SC, with the player confirming the move in his personal blog.

Kato, a midfielder by trade, is also the second Japanese to represent in the top division of Argentine league, where he played for Huracán.

The 25 year old has last played for Japanese club MIO Biwako Kusatsu. Writing in his blog, Kato revealed," I know it's sudden, but today I've signed a contract with India's Dempo SC."

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/transfer-zone/2012/01/31/2875931/dempo-sc-complete-signing-of-yusuke-kato"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-india/news/222/t ... usuke-kato</a><!-- m -->" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Good news for Dempo. Just hope that they now sell Joaquim as he wont be getting any minutes now
  • I like Japanese players, they are more in the mould of Indian players in the eighties who were deficient in physique but made up for it with football brain, deft skills and accuracy.

Ryuji Sueoka has been an revelation, the most wonderful thing about them is that they have good ethics, very very professional and dedicated. Money is not everything for them, not the typical jugaadu dhanda paani types you see very frequently these days among Indian players. Sueoka left Mohun Bagan in spite of being very successful just because he was dedicated to the coaching of Karim Bencharifa.
  • South Korean striker Park Jae-Hyun signs for SC Goa.Has experience of playing in K-League and Greek League.

I saw Park in the Mohun Bagan game, he is yet to gel with the team and figure out the Indian style of football. The Indian style of football is very very different from the quick short passing team game of East asians requiring extreme accuracy and mutual understanding. He is accurate, good positioning skills. African players fit much more easily to Indian conditions than say East Asian or Australian. players.
  • East Bengal signed Edmilson

If you have followed Edmilson over the years, you will know what kind of character is he ? In fact he was suspended and dropped from the East Bengal squad for manhandling and physically abusing Saumik De. The last few years in wilderness and having to play for lesser known clubs has taught him the lesson which was long due. India is not Brazil and the facilities and focus you get from playing in top clubs, more so the Kolkata giants is unimaginable in lesser known clubs, including office clubs like Air India, HAL in the I league. Even successful clubs like Dempo, Churchill Brothers had very limited stadium attendance until 2010. Only from last year am I seeing some moderate turnout in Goa. Seventy Eighty thousand people easily show up for Kolkata derby which has seen record turnouts in world footballing history, no wonder the Ten Action commentators, Morrison, Burridge, Palmer et al called it ONE OF THE BEST DERBIES IN THE WORLD in terms of frenzy and excitement, off course not in terms of football skill. Maharashtra in spite of encouraging youth development in satellite towns has not been able to attract the Mumbai crowd. I am seeing some activity in Kerala too. North Indians are pathetic when it comes to understanding and watching football, at best a very select crowd, too small in size to bring in any worthwhile revenue.

Anyways coming back to Edmilson or any other Brazilian player for that matter, their first preference is Kolkata, especially if they have been successful in handling the pressure cooker situation in the Kolkata football scene. Most Brazilian players are naturally skillful although some of the ones who come to India have volatile temperament. Edmilson is the most volatile we have seen till date, now Hudson Lima is going to give him competition soon. Edmilson signed a contract with Wahing doh without a proper release from Southern Samity. Even before heading to Shillong, he was doing the rounds in EB tent and praying mercy to the officials. This was widely reported in the local media, so most in Kolkata had a hunch that Edmilson would end up with EB again, just that EB official were negotiating hard ball with him for his renowned temperament or the lack of it.