Royal Wahingdoh FC

Comments

• gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points

Watched the game on the stream and spoke to a coach at the game. The capacity is 22,000 in its current state and there were no more than 4-5000 at the game,

The SLFC vs. United Sikkim had around 3-4000 only

JBL guys are saying the weekday games & the fans choosing to save their money for the finals are the reason. Local fans have complained on Facebook and in media about the high price of games ( double I-League price )

• rudrarudra 2958 Points
    At last Royal Wahingdoh does it! Congratulations. Many in IFN have been rooting for them for years now.

Hope they come up with a decent team in the I-League.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
    yes finally
    now shillong will 3 clubs
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Congratulations to Royal Wahingdoh.   Ten Action do not show Shillong Games. Lets see now that how they will not show next season as 3 teams means lot of Shillong Games.
  • usaindiausaindia 1671 Points
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Really happy for. RW. They were knocking at the dors of I-league I for quite some time! Last time they failed for the folly of their coach Carlton Chapman. This time they deserved it!
  • spartasparta Jamshedpur FC2074 Points
    Congos to RWFC, let's see if they can muster enough financial muscle to build a decent team. So, one more team with decent youth setup,now other academies should focus to find some talented guys from other places too.
  • gaffertapegaffertape 13021 Points
    hope Kolkata and other clubs are watching & learning.

RWFC had a very strong team in 2011-12, they beat Churchill Brothers & Mohun Bagan in the Fed Cup and narrowly missed the semi finals.

They missed out on qualifying that year due to the coaching error of fielding a 4th foreigner when 4-1 up in the dying minutes of a game.
    Last season they fell victim to Bhowanipore and Mohd fixing a game to eliminate them.

They have made minor changes each year, but kept the core group of boys like Seityasen , Jackiechand ,Mala etc despite I-League clubs chasing them. Shows how having a core settled team will help in the long run.
    They need better foreigners now for the I-League , as Badmas Babatubde , Loveday , Bowary Beekay  are very good for 2nd Division but a long way off I-League material.
    Their defence has always been their achilles heal , and they need better full backs and Centre back to partner their foreign defender.
    They should also try to loan a good goalkeeper 
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    RWFC is open to players from outside North East or they also, like Shillong Lajong, recruit only North east players plus Foreigners?