INDIA vs OMAN & UAE INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLIES -

Comments

• Lord_PessiLord_Pessi Bengaluru548 Points
    He is talking about building for next World cup qualifiers , thing is we don't know if we are atleast in a position to qualify for 2023 AFC Asian cup .
    munna219777Deb_Banashindia
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    With the sheer amount of people migrated from India, if we allow PIO, that'll be a death sentence to the league. National team may improve, but kids here won't be serious about a career in football, because with the infrastructure and politics in India, you can't compete with them.

Allowing PIO is a political decision. I don't think that decision will happen anytime soon, if not never.

We should make Japan a role-model. Majority players in Japan NT is from their domestic leagues. Almost all of their Europe-based players worked their way up from their domestic leagues. Japan has a well-structured league system, the best in Asia IMO. That makes the difference.

India, eventhough say that we follow American model, seems more like Australian model, which is failing rapidly. If Australian clubs don't perform this year's ACL, we'll see them playing 2023 AFC Cup (against North Korea, Hong Kong and Macau clubs). 
    munna219777goalkeeparSiVashindiaatuljgSanjeev Biswasindian_gooner
  • The real AGThe real AG 3324 Points
    Terrible interview. Excuses after excuses. It was obvious for us to see he is as much to blame for that result with his brain-fart selection and subs.
    munna219777Deb_Banashindia
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    We are making too big a deal of the UAE result. Those hurt can stay hurt forever lol. The Oman game has given me enough confidence in the ability of our new players. We need to repeat that performance and beat Bangladesh and Afghanistan. I know we will come back as Tigers!
    atuljgdhritiman7dev_pfc
  • atuljgatuljg Trivandrum3983 Points
    We would have performed much better with Chettri, Brandon, Anirudh Thapa and Jhingan in the team. Pretty certain it won’t be 6-0!
    munna219777Ronnydev_pfc
  • dhritiman7dhritiman7 4029 Points
    Thing is if everytime a new coach comes and take a painful and long path its kind of a joke. Someone needs to carry forward the legacy and thats how improvement happens. Otherwise it is called reinventing the wheel. 
    BTW, J League started like ISL only with marquee like Zico etc forcing corporate to sponsor each team. Afterwards they improved in their own way. 
    East Bengal played against Kawasaki Verudi in AFC Cup winners Cup (1996 may be). Young Bhaichung Bhutia scored 2 away goals which EB lost 2 - 5. In home Samy Omello scored and EB won 1-0. Bhaichung could not play and Nazimul Haque, (who scored first goal against MB in famous diamond derby), Somtai Saiza could not do anything. Veteran Tushar Rakshit caught eyes. Why I am telling this, gap was there but we fought well in every aspect even in big defeats. 
    I agree with Rony that this result is an aberration but what hurting me is players' attitude. They did not get their basics right. 
    munna219777indian_gooner
  • debarghya89debarghya89 7326 Points
    The reason we need to be outraged about this result is because this is the right time to put pressure on AIFF, FSDL and Stimac. Otherwise soon the national team will become a "Senior Arrows" , and we will be hearing more bullshit like results are not important but development is. Don't look at the number of goals we conceded, look at the number of debuts we gave. Nowhere in the world the senior national team is a youth development project. 
    thebeautifulgamedhritiman7ashindiagoalkeeparG_Kmunna219777SiVgiridharanLord_Pessisouravindiaand 4 others.
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Even for debutants the goals conceded were absolutely shocking. You cannot make such mistakes and call yourselves professional footballers. It looked like amateurs from Bhutan or Sri Lanka were playing.
    dhritiman7goalkeeparmunna219777giridharanindian_gooner
  • Carbon_14Carbon_14 Bengaluru 4771 Points
    Somehow now consti looks so good 
    munna219777Chelseafan
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    According to people it was not Stimac who had the best interview it was the guy who was Sweden's U-21 coach who had a solid plan. But he was inexperienced.

Stimac was given the chance because these dumba went by his CV. 
    Just like ISL clubs go.

I am not really surprised how out of touch he has been. 
    munna219777SiVDeb_Banindian_gooner