2021 SAFF Championship

Comments

• munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

Indian National Team Head Coach Igor Stimac admitted “we are ourselves guilty for not winning the match against Bangladesh.”

Speaking about India’s first match, he mentioned, “We had everything in control, we dominated the game, and had a one-nil advantage, and even had a one-man advantage. But despite all of that, for some unknown reasons, we started giving away simple passes, making unnecessary mistakes. And if you boost the confidence of your opponent, that’s how it finishes when you give them a chance.”

giridharanDeb_Ban
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    edited October 2021
    I have to agree with him. Felt like his first game against Oman where we threw away the game.
    Our players lacked the killer motivation to get a good result. we only do that when we are up against a better side
    munna219777
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

Last time India played against Bangladesh at SAFF championship was in 2013 at Nepal.
    Score was 1-1

Our coach was Wim Koevermans 
    Sunil Chetri scored for India that day.

RonnyCarbon_14souravindiaindian_goonerashindiagoalkeeparDeb_BannamewtheldAbhishekPassi
    That day we were trailing and Sunil scored in injury time to save us. This time we threw the game away
    munna219777souravindiadeepak dedha
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    I seem to remember a time when we used to send our u23 team to SAFF tournament and yet wont the damn cup! Now we are struggling in the same tournament with our strongest NT and depending upon the goal scoring abilities of a 37 yr old legend who, ideally speaking, should not be playing such riff-raff tournaments! I leave it to members to decide whether we have progressed since that time or regressed or should we still justify such shit performance with stuff like "its an away game" or "we dominated the but threw it away" or "ot was a few silly mistakes"! A team of India's stature whoch beat thailand, drew with the likes of Qatar, Chona, jordan, UAE etc (in 2028) should be destroying sides like Bangladesh 3-0 every time! Chettri should be saved only for important matches like WCQs or Asian Cup Qualifiers. This tournament should have been used to discover our next striker - Vikram Pratap, Rohit Danu, Sridarth etc. Give players like Komal, Rahul kP, Narender etc chance in international football. 
    haritrams24giridharangaffertapeindian_goonerashindiasouravindiagoalkeeparNagendraAbhishekmunna219777
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Sorry if I sound repetitive or rude. I am just angry at the disgusting performance of our NT under Stimac, especially since our performance in the asian cup had raised the hopes of a better future. I am angry that our NT has regressed so badly in the last 2 yrs. Sure one can blame Covid, lockdown or short league or AIFF but at a certain point we have to accept that Stimac is s shit coach who don't know how to coach a national team and get results! 
    I am angry that despite witnessing such despicable performance of our NT for quite some time, no one else is angry enough to do anything regarding this. No fans movement, no angry letters or twitter campaign to AIFF to mend their ways. We are all just witnessing the slide silently from the sidelines. 
    giridharanRonnyindian_goonerashindiasouravindiaNagendraAbhishekmunna219777Passi
    edited October 2021
    I do remember when the u-23 won the SAFF cup in 2009 and Jeje was our find of the tournament. We only won each game by a 1-0 margin against Afghans(no foreigner based players) and Nepal and even lost our last group game to Maldives 2-0 but ultimately won the final on penalties. There was never an easy game for us in SAFF. The real stars of that win were the defensive pair of Rawanan and Rowilson with solid performances from Nirmal Chhetri, Denzil Franco, Jewel Raja and Balwant. Arindam was literally unbeatable in goal. I was so surprised that he went downhill a bit after that
    gaffertapeindian_goonerashindiaNagendraAbhishekCarbon_14munna219777
  • SnepSnep 277 Points
    Why did Stimac sub Thapa. I believe Thapa is our best midfielder yes even better than Brandon.. Also why sub Liston at crucial time. Also non of our attacking players has ability to shoot except Chetri. They lack strength in their legs or lack of technique whatever it is but none can shoot from inside the box or outside the box with precision and speed. From what I saw in Durand Cup Leon Augustine looks way better than Manvir or Ali or Farukh. 

India does not have technical ability or match awareness to play passing game. You can easily see midfielders ignoring better passing option and either back passing or side passing or lobbing to undesired option and looses the possession. also we had 10 mins with 1 man advantage to score the winner but every time we had ball in those 10 mins no one looked in any hurry to pass or play the ball forward and score. Not sure if they are doing so because of their lack of fitness or confidence.

We should stick to counter attack with pacy wingers and if we can get few forwards with good heading and shooting ability.. basically get Consti back..
    ashindiagaffertapeAbhishekChelseafanindian_goonermunna219777dev_pfc
  • Well to put into perspective, you can go behind in this forum when everyone was saying no use playing staff , we should get into other regions SE or West. Now we are justifying bullshit performance by our national team. Great progress I should say. Lets football.
    Abhishekindian_goonermunna219777ashindia
  • AbhishekAbhishek 461 Points

Last time India played against Bangladesh at SAFF championship was in 2013 at Nepal.
    Score was 1-1

Our coach was Wim Koevermans 
    Sunil Chetri scored for India that day.

I just logged in to my account to react to this!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    munna219777souravindiaashindiaindian_goonernamewtheldPassi