2021 SAFF Championship

Comments

• BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    Things are going batshit insane here in Maldives. Bangladesh fans were given 10% of the total ticket allocation for the Maldives vs Bangladesh match. It's standard practice in world football, and was enforced in the 2015 and 2018 SAFF Suzuki Cup tournaments as well, with the rule included in the SAFF tournament rulebook by the Bangladeshis running the organisation.

Lots of virtue signaling going on though, with the Human Rights Commission of Maldives, and Transparency Maldives getting in the act and urging FAM to "end the discrimination".

These people have no idea how football works.
    munna219777Abhishekkartik91
  • RonnyRonny 10457 Points
    I doubt there was a single Indian fan in the stadium. Each Indian game is like an away game in front of hostile crowd
  • arunskumararunskumar Kerala339 Points
    Stimac looks like a clueless coach going in to any game. And try to see what he can change during the match. Unfortunately india took the lead and played well in the first half and that brought to a point where the team should dominate a 10 men opposition. That's where pressure kicked in. Already we can't play with confidence against lower ranked teams.and on top opposition started fighting with 10 men.
    I thought the substitutions degraded Indian players moral and vision further. Players looked clueless about the strategy of subbing in more central players while subbing out wingers at a time when we should have streched the opposition. Pressure of dominating killed our chances. Let's hope we concede first in next matches and then fight for draw or win.
    Talking about players perf, Bheke in a make shift Cb position, played decently I thought. Surprisingly.
    He is a better choice than Pritam and Bose if u talk about make shifts.
    Don't know why Thapa was subbed..thought it was a blunder by stimac.for me he is our best midfielder.
    Don't know why Udanta got subbed.he was passing,, shooting and could have streched the banglas further.
    And about Rahim Ali, I mean I haven't seen anything in him in chennaiyin or indian arrows teams to be even included in squad. May be he even hold the ball a little bit more.but where is the next pass. 
    Honestly not seeing Stimac making this team better in next matches as well. He still doesn't know indian players strengths and weaknesses. We may still win Saff since other teams are also of same level. But improvement in any playing style won't happen with this coach. I am more concerned about some of our future prospects in u23 playing under him AFC qualifiers
    munna219777ashindiagiridharangaffertapeAbhishek
  • BoalhaBoalha Maldives1223 Points
    There was a reasonable turnout of Indian fans at their first match. They were not as visible as the Bangladesh fans because most of them sat at the Main Stand, where the tickets are more expensive, which also houses the TV camera gantry. But yeah, considering the number of Indian expats living in Male', I expected more of their fans.
    munna219777RonnyashindiaDeb_BanAbhishekindian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    @Ronny ; Some people from Kerala live in Maldives. Healthcare industry, Fishing , Hotel business.
    But yes Bangladeshi expats are more in number.
    Nowadays you will find Bangladesh people even in Nauru 
    ashindiaDeb_Banindian_gooner
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    edited October 2021
    Illegally Bangladeshis in Maldives are providing massive support to Bangladesh ever outnumbering Maldives fans 5 to 1, if this illegal invasion is not stopped india will soon will be at this stage, when india played Bangladesh in salt lake we saw Bangladesh fans outnumbering indians by 2 to 1 which shows West Bengal is already gone
    ashindiagaffertapeRaghsdev_pfcrathorevarun4 Abhishek
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29637 Points
    "Nauru"--learnt the name for the first time, thanks to the IFN encyclopedia ;)
    munna219777ashindiaAbhishekindian_gooner
  • dhungel35dhungel35 444 Points
    AIFF should send Khalid Jamil as coach for AFC u23 qualifiers..and depending on performance..should think about handing over the national team duties to him.
    gaffertapeRonny
  • RaghsRaghs Chennai654 Points
    Illegally Bangladeshis in Maldives are providing massive support to Bangladesh ever outnumbering Maldives fans 5 to 1, if this illegal invasion is not stopped india will soon will be at this stage, when india played Bangladesh in salt lake we saw Bangladesh fans outnumbering indians by 2 to 1 which shows West Bengal is already gone
    is this supposed to be some kind of joke literally?