2021 SAFF Championship

Comments

• giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3620 Points
    FSDL the virus that ruined it all for us. The temporary fix at least is for all these ISL players to play I-League on loan. The schedule can still be relaxed and do I-league for 6 months. In Total the players will play for 10 months bare minimum Knowing the morons AIFF and how they suck up to please FSDL. Even the temporary fix is not possible.
    goalkeeparashindiaRonnyDeb_Bansouravindiamunna219777indian_goonerdev_pfcLord_PessiSnepand 1 other.
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points
    Nepal is leading 1-0
    cant watch it due to Facebook issues.

wih this win, Nepal and Bangladesh will be in a good position points wise in the championship.
    Pressure on Maldives and also on India
    ashindiagiridharan
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29627 Points

Nepal vs Sri Lanka ||SAFF CHAMPIONSHIP 2021

Nepal leads 2-1 (64 mins.)
    FT Nepal 3-2 Sri Lanka
    munna219777
  • RonnyRonny 10450 Points
    Solid goal by Hamilton of Sri Lanka
    munna219777
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    ashindia said:
    I knew we would do bad, dint even watch. For the first time in years not excited for India NT match/tournament. 
    Aame feeling. Sunil Chettri should not be playing in such chindi tournaments. We should have played a youth side and performances like these could have been excusable. But playing uour full strength national te against the likes of Bangladesh and failing to win it despite numerical superiority is humiliating! Earlier I used to be excited and wait on ends whenever Team India's matches were to come, but Stimac stole that feeling of excitement for watching your national team any more! Now I don't even remember if India's matches are ongoing. Really sad affairs. And the worst part is, we fans are not doing anything about it - no protests to aiff, no coordinated twitter campaign to get aiff to notice our displeasure and sack Stimac... Nothing! 
    Deb_Bangoalkeeparashindiadeepak dedhaCarbon_14munna219777giridharangaffertape
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Ronny said:
    Yeah I agree. This time I'm very disappointed but looking at the way this set of players played against Nepal, I did not expect anything else from this team. Nobody other than Sunil can score. I think it's time for Stimac to leave but I know it wont change our results with this set of players until they are playing NT games in the middle of a longer season.
    The same set of players were getting far better results under Consti. Players are not at fault, coach and his methods are! Players play the way coach asks them to play; players think like coach asks them to think; strategy is formed by coach.
    Imagine this & Stimac was brought in to make India play a more possession oriented, passing game. Did he achieve that? Answer is No! Merely passing the in your own half among defenders with side and back passes is not a "passing game"! Once ball reaches our midfielders, they have absolutely no idea how to carry the ball forward. Instead they do 3 things - 1) pass it back to defenders; 2) give it to wingers and hope that the latter would run blindly with the vall till he reaches the corner and gets trapped there; 3) play long, aerial ball to striker and hope they do their best with it! There is no creative play, no intricate passing, no vision among players. This is developed by coach!
    So either change your strategy on how to play (possession based vs. Counter attacking) or change your coach! Before SAFF even Stimac said that "team will play with that tactic which fets results"! Meaning even he is ditching passing footballing and thing of counter attacking play. When the coach is himself chucking out the tactic for which you appointed him in the first place, then whats the use of keeping such coach? 
    Deb_Bansouravindiaindian_goonergoalkeeparashindiamunna219777giridharan
  • Not only that. There's no pressing upfront, Bangladeshi players at back looked like they were Europeans, no proper attack on the loose balls as well, midfielders always look towards own goal rather than that of opponents, how is anyone to create  chances or score. I would like to have stats, how many chances were created during Stimacs reign past 18 matches, heat map of passes, attacking index etc. 
    Chelseafanmunna219777giridharan
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1936 Points
    people keep saying that same set of players played better under Constantine, no its not same set of players, that was set of players was together from 2016.   Constantine banned Brandon from NT, also have we forgotten about Germanpreet, Passi, Haldar, Narzary, Vinit Rai, Narayan Das already?. agreed Stimac is doing bad with results but its not the same set of players for sure.

Carbon_14munna219777gaffertapePassi