2022 AFC Champions League & AFC Cup : Mumbai City FC, Gokulam Kerala FC & ATK Mohun Bagan

Comments

• souravindiasouravindia 3593 Points
    Lets give credit where its due. Its the first time ever in last 30 yrs we have defeated any senior Iraqi team or any team from the west at this level. Lets not belittle this achievement by stating it was a weak time. How much time we had been waiting in the tunnel to see this? I am happy and believe this can be the turning point in Indiana football, the will yo fight and win against stronger opponenets
    The real AGgoalkeeparRonnyG_Kindian_goonerashindiasudheermylankalCarbon_14munna219777spartaand 2 others.
  • souravindiasouravindia 3593 Points
    Fall is the best player so far. He has been a beast. He makes Iraqi players look weak. The GK has to go. He is repeating his mistakes over and over again. I don't know why Des prefers him. Being tall alone is not good enough. 
    The GK is extremely good and with a few games under his belt I think he is going to be the best in India. He made pretty good saves sometimes even from blind spots, has a safe pair of hands abd doesn't fear to attack the ball in his area, the best passing ability so far for an Indian keeper and I never saw him faltering even under immense pressure. Only problem probably his call outs to his defence but with experience he will be more assured. I really liked from what I saw of him.
    The real AGgoalkeeparEastBengalPrideRonnythebeautifulgameindian_goonerPassisudheermylankalspartaNaujawan
  • RonnyRonny 10444 Points
    Lets give credit where its due. Its the first time ever in last 30 yrs we have defeated any senior Iraqi team or any team from the west at this level. Lets not belittle this achievement by stating it was a weak time. How much time we had been waiting in the tunnel to see this? I am happy and believe this can be the turning point in Indiana football, the will yo fight and win against stronger opponenets
    Did not say that we beat them because they were weak. They still played way better than Mumbai..Having Diego upfront helped Mumbai. Looks at Mumbai's first goal where Diego outmuscled that defender and got an easy penalty. that's quality and experience. Also I am very impressed by Lachenpa. he looked so solid and brave. His passing quality under pressure is something even I have not seen from an Indian keeper before! No wonder Des prefred him over Nawaz in these crucial games
    souravindiagoalkeeparmunna219777
  • RonnyRonny 10444 Points
    Also with attacking performances like these Rahul Bheke is not going away from the NT setup easily
    ashindiagoalkeeparmunna219777sparta
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29575 Points

Air Force Club (IRQ) 1- 2 Mumbai City (IND)

indian_goonerashindiasouravindiaPassimunna219777The real AG
  • Perhaps he's giving him some game time. Backup GK dont get much game time so this could be it.

shouldn't that be done in  ISL matches ?
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7108 Points
    One of best results ever in Indian football . 
    Congratulations to MCFC .
    ashindiasouravindiagoalkeeparmunna219777sudheermylankalkartik91indian_gooner
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    edited April 2022
    Perhaps he's giving him some game time. Backup GK dont get much game time so this could be it.

shouldn't that be done in  ISL matches ?
    This is a common practice around the world to give chance to backup/ reserve keeper in cup matches. Even opposition's keeper was not their first choice keeper. 
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    edited April 2022
    The win was crucial to keep the ACL spot alive. Obviously, AFC Cup hasn't started yet and the teams below will come up, but AFC Cup has only 1/3rd importance in points.

As of now, the points in West Zone are

6. Jordan - 19.800 (ACL)
    7. Tajikistan - 16.953 (ACL)
    8. Iraq - 15.000 (ACL)
    9. India - 13.174 (ACL)
    10. Kuwait - 10.490
    11. Bangladesh - 9.813
    12. Lebanon - 9.600
    13. Turkmenistan - 9.387 (ACL)
    14. Bahrain - 8.000

India was at 10.174 before the match and was under threat from the other nations. Now we have some breathing space. 

6th will get one direct spot in ACL GS, one in playoff and additional one in AFC Cup. (So total 2 teams and 1 as backup).

7th to 10th get one direct spot and normal AFC Cup spots. (Total 3)

11th to 12th the get one playoff spot and AFC Cup spots (total 2 teams and 1 as backup).

FootyRankings is doing a great job in keeping a tab on these calculations.
    goalkeeparCarbon_14munna219777The real AGthebeautifulgamePassigiridharankartik91indian_goonerashindia
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    Mb match will be lived using a mobile and will be available on YouTube and FB page of atk Mohun Bagan
    haritrams24Carbon_14munna219777dev_pfcgiridharankartik91indian_gooner