India vs Cambodia, Afghanistan, and Hong Kong AFC Asian Cup Qualifiers I 8 June, 11 Jun & 14 June

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    edited June 2022
    Some people can't tell the difference between 36 matches and 10 matches😂, udanta used to play substandard teams with Constantine still failed to impress, probably because he is 32 years old 
    giridharandev_pfcashindiagaffertape
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3586 Points
    Liston is selfish at times there is no arguing that. But somehow he is confident to take chances and scores in between. He sometimes justifies it. Compared to others like Manvir, Rahim or Udanta. They are not ruthless in front of goal. They sometimes run around like headless chicken. Hope they sort it out and improve their game. Without a fluid attack it is very difficult to play mediocre teams itself. We need more goals from open play. Like how ashique did to bully past 2- 3 defenders and taking a shot. That is exactly what we need from our forwards.
    indian_goonergoalkeeparashindiaPassikartik91spartadeepuAbhishek
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9281 Points
    Tickets for the India vs Afghanistan match are being sold out faster than the speed at which Mohun Bagan was sold. :lol: :lol: :lol:  
    haritrams24indian_goonergoalkeeparashindiamunna219777Passikartik91spartaAbhishek
  • deepak dedhadeepak dedha Ghar2820 Points
    Well if you had known basic maths you would have got my point but never mind. If you want me to go about the opposition that Udanta and Liston has played against then I'll do that too. It's upto everyone to judge who played against substandard teams more and still failed to impress.

Udanta :
    Laos -> 2 Win
    Cambodia -> 2 Win
    Myanmar -> 1 win 1 draw
    Nepal -> 2 Win
    Kyrgyzstan -> 1 Win
    Macau -> 1 win
    C. Taipei -> 1 win
    Kenya -> 2 win
    Sri Lanka -> 1 draw
    Maldives -> 2 win
    China -> 1 draw
    Oman -> 1 draw
    Thailand -> 1 win
    Syria-> 1 draw
    Qatar-> 1 draw
    Bangladesh -> 1 win 2 draw
    Afghanistan -> 1 draw

Liston:
    Bangladesh -> 1 win 1 draw
    Afghanistan -> 1 draw
    Nepal -> 1 Win 1 draw
    Sri Lanka -> 1 draw
    Cambodia -> 1 Win

haritrams24indian_goonergoalkeeparkartik91
  • ChelseafanChelseafan Allahabad1655 Points
    Ronny said:
    ^^ The only thing you are discounting is that it was never the same 11 from the 2019 team that played plus key players like Sandesh, Sunil have gown older and slower. Teams will never play the same over the next few years. SC would not have been able to handle the aging team left off by Bob Houghton.Anas and Adil paired Sandesh but their career got over and we never found a good CB pair until possibly now with Anwar. We lost Jeje the best supporting striker from that group and now Ishan, Manvir etc have not been able to fill those boots. Brandon,Udanta,Thapa,Kotal,Bose are currently a shadow of their earlier domestic seasons. 
    The only silver lining has been the U-23 team and they are slowly forming the core of this senior team too.
    Oh please! Consti used players like Sumit Passi and Robin Singh as supporting strikers bcoz Jeje had niggling injury issues since 2018 itself. Plus as I mentioned earlier Consti had (or chose) much technically inferior players than the current lot. He preferred hard working players like Narzary, Haldar, Borges, shit players like Narayan Das etc over technically gifted but lazy players like Brandon, Sahal etc. And yet Consti got the best out of these shitty players like Hitesh Sharma, Vinit Rai, Jackichand Singh etc.
     Stimac on the other hand got some of the best midfield players that India has ever had - Amarjit Singh, Suresh, Thapa, Glen Martins, Sahal, Brandon, Liston etc. And yet I dia struggles in the midfield area the most! Despite having rhe likes of Sahal, Thapa and Brandon in the same starting 11, they struggle to create chances for Chettri and would rather pass the ball sideways or back to defenders! Our wingers no longer have the drive to surge forward and take on opposition full backs. Rather tgey would also choose to pass back to defenders, ensuring that any attacking momentem India may have had dies down! And against better teams we don't press hard - rather they press us and our technically gifted players easily lose the ball under pressure or attempt a long hoof ball forward! There is no closing down of the opponent players when they have the ball, no urgency...only desperate defending all the while! 

And speaking of Consti playing against inferior opponents, let us only take take 2018 as example - India played the likes of China, Jordan, Oman (against whom we drew 0-0 then as compared to losing twice under Stimac in WCQs), Kenya, Newzealand (C grade teams maybe but still much better than Indian NT), Kyrgyztan etc. I won't any of these as "weak" teams, especially since we are struggling against the likes of Bangladesh and Sri Lanka now under Stimac! We beat Puerto Rico 4-1. You may attribute it to jet lag and it being their 2nd string team but can you honestly say rhis current team under Dtimac can even draw against that Puerto Rico team? Be honest!

And finally about your excuse of Chettri and Jhingan being older and declined now as compared to 2019, pls remember India started doing bafly from 2019 itsrlf. Compare I dia's performance in Asian Cup to our defeat of 4-0 by Tajikistan or draws against Bangladesh or Afghanistan in the same year! You may cite the draw against Qatar but that was a display of 11 men desperately doing last ditch defending for 90 minutes! Did we make a Single attacking move in that game? Now compare our draw against Qatar with that of our draws agaibst China and Oman the previous years! The difference in performance of NT apparent! 
    Plus Chettri was still 34 in 2019. 34 is not that different from 37 for a footballer! Stimac has been a bigger failure than Wim Koeverman and thats saying something! Please acknowledge reality.
    deepak dedhaharitrams24indian_goonergoalkeeparG_KashindiaPassikartik91spartanamewtheldand 2 others.
  • RonnyRonny 10444 Points
    edited June 2022
    Constantine was the Goat man!! Duly acknowledged
    indian_goonergoalkeeparDeb_Banmunna219777ashindiaspartagiridharandeepuAbhishek
  • souravindiasouravindia 3593 Points
    Igor is mostly blabbering rather than delivering. Doesn't matter how good a coach was as a player, a coach needs to be a good manager. Clearly Igor is not based on the success rate and hr has to leave irrespective of what result we get out of here. Continuing him till Asia cup, if we qualify, would be a disaster and I am afraid we are going to do that.
    goalkeepardev_pfcmunna219777ashindiaPassispartagiridharanAbhishekChelseafan
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29216 Points
    Well if you had known basic maths you would have got my point but never mind. If you want me to go about the opposition that Udanta and Liston has played against then I'll do that too. It's upto everyone to judge who played against substandard teams more and still failed to impress.

Udanta :
    Laos -> 2 Win
    Cambodia -> 2 Win
    Myanmar -> 1 win 1 draw
    Nepal -> 2 Win
    Kyrgyzstan -> 1 Win
    Macau -> 1 win
    C. Taipei -> 1 win
    Kenya -> 2 win
    Sri Lanka -> 1 draw
    Maldives -> 2 win
    China -> 1 draw
    Oman -> 1 draw
    Thailand -> 1 win
    Syria-> 1 draw
    Qatar-> 1 draw
    Bangladesh -> 1 win 2 draw
    Afghanistan -> 1 draw

Liston:
    Bangladesh -> 1 win 1 draw
    Afghanistan -> 1 draw
    Nepal -> 1 Win 1 draw
    Sri Lanka -> 1 draw
    Cambodia -> 1 Win

How smartly you are showing only half the matches of Liston which he mostly played as a sub while omitting the stronger opponents.
    deepak dedhagiridharan
  • G_KG_K Kerala5182 Points
    Against stronger opponents, Liston will be useless. He easily backs down from duels and rarely press. For such games, we need Ashique Kuruniyan in LW position. He'll never back down. And Liston against weaker teams to break them open through the flanks.

Also, the RW position exists for a reason. It's not there to accommodate a striker who's extra to the starting 11. In Cambodia match, there was no activity in right flank other than occasional crosses from Roshan. In the current squad Stimac selected, Udanta seems to be the better RW.

I have said this before. Wingers and wing-backs are weakest position in our NT. But, after every ISL, we celebrate our wing players, call them future of India and all. And when they play in international matches, they easily get brushed aside by their international counterparts. They look so good in ISL because it's Indian vs Indian. The regular Indian central midfielders, strikers and centre backs in ISL looks much effective in international matches. Maybe because they have to fight for position against foreigners in their squad and also on pitch, go against foreigners.
    goalkeepardeepak dedhasouravindiamunna219777spartadeepuAbhishekgaffertapeindian_gooner
  • dev_pfcdev_pfc Pune1935 Points
    Udanta is better than Manvir anyday, he is been lacking confidence for last 3 seasons, Cuadrat limited him to be a blind crosser. he did better in this ISL season compared previous 2 season under CC. lets see how new coach uses him. Udanta should start in remaining matches.
    deepak dedhamunna219777Carbon_14deepugiridharanindian_gooner