I-League 2022-2023: A Historic Season

1111213141517»

Comments

• EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    Congratulations to Roundglass Punjab FC on winning IL.
    FSDL/ AIFF aren't saying anything about inclusion of RGPFC in ISL. I think they are going to deny this club's entry siting financial issues. I don't think they going to open up their closed party to anyone and everyone. If they allow, this will be the first independent club outside Nita's control, which they wouldn't like.
    Round Glass owner has perfectly good relations with Ambanis. But they are a Haryana based club, they have 0 supporters, no proper home ground. Is there a decent stadium in Punjab they can move to? Panchkula is in the middle of Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal junction, not a football venue for sure. 
  • giridharangiridharan Washington D.C3615 Points
    Roundglass should build infra and maybe find a short term move somewhere like Delhi for now. Use Ambedkar stadium instead of JLN.  

We need teams playing from football specific stadium. MCFC fans turned up this season. Though a small stadium their atmosphere this season has been top class and very very enjoyable. People who come to games seem to come back again and again. Roundglass have deep pockets, I wish they build a small 10k seater stadium in a year's time.

I was hoping for Sreenidhi to get promoted as they could have passed the licensing with a good chance. They seem serious about building infra. 
    indian_goonerDeb_Ban
  • Deb_BanDeb_Ban 9957 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    FSDL/ AIFF aren't saying anything about inclusion of RGPFC in ISL. I think they are going to deny this club's entry siting financial issues. I don't think they going to open up their closed party to anyone and everyone. If they allow, this will be the first independent club outside Nita's control, which they wouldn't like.
    Round Glass owner has perfectly good relations with Ambanis. But they are a Haryana based club, they have 0 supporters, no proper home ground. Is there a decent stadium in Punjab they can move to? Panchkula is in the middle of Chandigarh, Haryana, Himachal junction, not a football venue for sure. 
    Perhaps they play from Ludhiana or even Patiala? And how about Phagwara (on some agreement maybe)?
    Players do come up from Punjab regularly, so the interest is there. Only Punjab doesn't have large urban centres, so stadiums have to be 10k - 15k capacity. Surely they can fill that up anywhere inside the state.

goalkeepargiridharanindian_gooner
  • haritrams24haritrams24 kerala1990 Points
    Luka majcen scored a brace . Total 16 goals . Top scrorer of the i league
    NagendraDeb_Ban
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    Even when Minerva played in Punjab they never had fans the club themselves would put up banners and their academy players would be scattered around to fill up sections of stadium visible on TV 

The issue with most of these clubs like Punjan, Srineedi, Gokulam, Hyderbad FC etc is they put very little effort into building a fanbase and fan culture. Surely they spend crores on their first team but why would people come to watch  them play if they put very little effort in building a fan culture around themselves

All these modern day corprate I-League teams struggled with this except BFC
    Deb_Banindian_goonergaffertapeashindiakartik91munna219777
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Deb_Ban said:
    Even when Minerva played in Punjab they never had fans the club themselves would put up banners and their academy players would be scattered around to fill up sections of stadium visible on TV 

The issue with most of these clubs like Punjan, Srineedi, Gokulam, Hyderbad FC etc is they put very little effort into building a fanbase and fan culture. Surely they spend crores on their first team but why would people come to watch  them play if they put very little effort in building a fan culture around themselves

Because none of them are actually a proper corporate house like Jindals or Tatas. Mostly family run businesses which gave grown big but governance isnt there, same situation with Emami. Gokulam actually engages fans and also they are from Kerala. As much as its nice for ISL to expand to 12 teams, football is a people's sport, without fans you have already lost the game. 
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10445 Points
    Deb_Ban said:

Because none of them are actually a proper corporate house like Jindals or Tatas. Mostly family run businesses which gave grown big but governance isnt there, same situation with Emami. Gokulam actually engages fans and also they are from Kerala. As much as its nice for ISL to expand to 12 teams, football is a people's sport, without fans you have already lost the game. 
    JSW actually put in efforts paid a few guys in WBB if I'm right which gaffertape had verified 

They kinda tapped into Bengaluru and Karnataka's regional identity. Yeh they are a proper corporate house unlike others but still they actually built a fanbase in a city not known for football 

Totally agreed on family run part Dempo, Salgoacar, Churchill, SCG would've been in much better positions if they actually had some fanbase. Towards the end of their I-League days these family clubs barely had any fans watching them
    deepak dedhaindian_goonergiridharanDeb_Banashindia
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29623 Points
    @haritrams24: Thanks for posting the results

However, let us post these results in the "I-League 2nd Division" thread

I am reposting these results in that thread

Cheers!!
    Deb_Ban