FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar

Comments

• thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India29574 Points

Meet Vinay Menon, the only Indian presence at FIFA World Cup 2022

India may not be playing at the FIFA World Cup 2022, but there is one man representing the country at the football championship. Vinay Menon, a Kerala native, has been appointed Wellness Coach of the Belgian National Team, according to the All India Football Federation.

Menon, 48, will travel to Qatar for the FIFA World Cup 2022 as part of the Belgium contingent.

“I feel proud to have gotten this opportunity to with the Belgian National Team in the World Cup,” he said. “It makes me really happy that I can represent India and make my country proud in my own way.”

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/trends/sports-trends/meet-vinay-menon-the-only-indian-presence-at-fifa-world-cup-2022-9546621.html
    indian_goonerdeepak dedhamunna219777
  • he is also part of chelsea team which won champions league :D
    munna219777
    Just a query: As far as I understand, The WC matches will be streamed on the JioCinema App in India; those who want to catch the matches on laptops and desktops can watch them on the JioCinema website for free.

So, I guess I can watch the matches here:
    https://www.jiocinema.com/sports

Do I need to register here?
    edited November 2022

Interesting facts about players heading to the FIFA World Cup 2022

Youngest player (17 years old) – Youssoufa Moukoko, Germany

Arguably the brightest young talent from Germany since the emergence of Jamal Musiala at Bayern is the youngest player at the World Cup in Qatar. He has a great record in Bundesliga this season, scoring six goals and providing three assists for Borussia Dortmund.

Grabbing the world’s and Germany’s manager’s attention would be the winner he scored off the bench in the Revierderby for Dortmund against Schalke. The injury to Timo Werner also paved the way for Moukoko to be selected for Hansi Flick’s final German squad.

Oldest player (40 years old) – Alfredo Talavera, Mexico

There will be a lot of older veterans at the World Cup with the likes of Dani Alves, 39, and Thiago Silva, 38, among the names of the stars besides Luka Modric, 37 and superstar Cristiano Ronaldo, 37 etc. However, the oldest player mantle is of FC Juarez and Mexico goalkeeper Alfredo Talavera in Qatar.

He’s amongst the veteran goalkeeping contingent alongside teammate Guillermo Ochoa,37 representing his National side. He’ll be hoping to prove to be an able replacement for younger Carlos Acevedo. Manager Tata Martino left Acevedo out of the squad for Mexico.

Shortest player (5ft 2in) – Ilias Chair, Morocco

The tricky and technical No.10 for Morocco will look to play an important part in his National team despite his modest physical stature. Morocco is in a group with Belgium, Canada and Croatia in Group F. And they will hope to find an outlet for his creativity as does his club side QPR in the English Championship. He has provided 3 goals and 6 assists for his club side this season.

Tallest player (6ft 6in) – Andries Noppert, Netherlands

The giant of a goalkeeper has made the final Netherlands squad for Louis Van Gaal. He impressed with his performances for club side Heerenveen, keeping 6 clean sheets in 14 appearances in the Eredivisie. The Dutch will be looking to rely on him, given his height and reach, in the knockout stages in a penalty shootout, a situation Louis Van Gaal and his Dutch sides have found themselves in previously in a World Cup.

Most appearances (19) – Lionel Messi, Argentina

The much-celebrated icon of Argentina, and superstar adored across the world, will be playing his last tournament for his country, as announced in an interview before the tournament in Qatar. Messi has the most appearances for his country with 165 caps and has scored 91 goals. He’ll be looking to finally add the coveted World Cup to his enviable trophy collection in Doha and set his legacy even further.

Most goals & assists (10 goals, 6 assists) – Thomas Muller

The man is popularly known as Radio Muller in the German squad. The Germany and Bayern Munich legend is never shy about expressing his opinions on or off the field. His popularity stems from his sense of humour, and ability to speak his mind with teammates, opponents and referees alike, hence the nickname. Besides, he’s also made a lasting impact on the FIFA World Cup stage for his country, winning the silver ball in 2014.

He’s always come up with the goals when his country needed it the most. And he has been heavily relied upon by his National team coach and teammates alike. He’s self-described his playstyle as a “Raumdeuter” or space investigator, excelling in narrow spaces between the opponent’s defence and midfield.

https://khelnow.com/football/2022-11-world-football-interesting-facts-about-players-heading-to-the-fifa-world-cup-qatar

munna219777indian_gooner

Karim Benzema: France striker out of World Cup 2022 with thigh injury

ashindiasouravindiamunna219777indian_gooner
  • munna219777munna219777 28505 Points

Beer Ban will hit hard this world cup eperience

The American beer company tweeted a photo of the stockpiled beer in a Qatar warehouse

The American beer company tweeted a photo of the stockpiled beer in a Qatar warehouse

So Qatar vs Ecuador is about to start.

How is the pre-match show in Indian Television ? Who are the hosts ?
    Can anyone list all the tv channels showing world cup in india on TV ?
    soeone told me MTV and jio cinea are showing the games

World Cup 2022 live broadcast on TV in India

All FIFA World Cup 2022 matches will be telecast live on Sports18 and Sports18 HD TV channels in India. Users will need to subscribe to the channels with their respective DTH providers.

Where to watch FIFA World Cup 2022 live streaming in India

FIFA World Cup 2022 live streaming will be available on the Jio Cinema app and website for free. Jio Cinema will offer live streaming of matches, highlights and other FIFA World Cup 2022 content in five languages - English, Hindi, Tamil, Malayalam, and Bengali.

Do you need a Jio SIM to watch FIFA World Cup 2022 live streaming?

No, you will not need a Jio SIM to watch the FIFA World Cup 2022 live streaming in India. Jio has made the video streaming platform free for all, allowing users from other Indian telecom providers like Airtel, Vodafone and BSNL to download the Jio Cinema app on their devices and watch the FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar for free.

Users can access the JioCinema platform, both on app and website, by entering their mobile number under the Log In menu. Users need to click on the Log In menu, following which they will be directed to enter their mobile number. Once entered, an OTP will be sent on the provided mobile number, which can be used to access the content on the Jio Cinema app.

https://olympics.com/en/news/fifa-world-cup-2022-live-telecast-streaming-in-india-tv-channels-jio

munna219777indian_gooner