Merdeka Cup 2023

Comments

• samsam 16430 Points
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6495 Points
    Not sure why are we judging our players with 1 game. Though Malaysia dominated us, I take it as a draw (3-3) and most of the times, we are at receiving end. It happens when we play away games.  I still prefer us to play away games & lose instead of playing Home games against Nepal and these away games are much needed for us. It would have been good to play round-robin, but India & Tajikistan are not ready for it.

It will take time for Mehtab to adjust to N.T. Playing for club & N.T is altogether a different game. Our defense is mainly exposed because of mid-field. We badly missed Jeakson, Ashique, Anirud in midfield along with Anwar in defense. 
    Rohit is never a N.T material. It is better to play Suresh, Anirud & Sahal in midfield if Jeakson is not available. 

I felt bad for Sandesh. Most of the times, he is surrounded by 2-3 Malaysian players in our penalty box. Most of us praising Sahal due to his effectiveness in attacking front, but what he is offering in defense. I see players like Mahesh & Chhangte helping us in defense but not Sahal and on top of it, Sahal is conceding unnecessary fouls in our box.
    ashindiaindian_goonergiridharan
  • samsam 16430 Points
    Even with the disallowed goal, it is not a 3-3 for me. Malaysia played better. Deserved to win.
    deepak dedhagoalkeepar
    Coming to Asian Cup & World Cup Qualifiers:

Our front 3 is almost set with Mahesh(Left wing), Chhetri( CF), Chhangte (Right wing).
    As Ashique is injured, we don't have many options left in left wing other than Liston, where-as in Right wing, we have good backup players like Nandakumar, Udanta, Yasir, Vikram etc. Though Chhetri is slow, I don't think we have any better option in C.F.

Mid-field, we need to bring back Apuia. I don't think Sahal & Brandon can offer anything in defense. Also need to try players like Danish Farooq & Deepak Tangri in mid-field prior to Asian cup. Else our midfield is more or less is finalized with the likes of Jeakson, Suresh, Anirud, Sahal & Brandon. Not counting Ashique as he is injured and mostly will not be available for Asian Cup.

In Defense also, with the likes of Sandesh, Anwar, Mehtab, Nikhil, Ashish & Subhasish, we are more/less have fixed players. We have Roshan & Asish as backups. Only change I want is play Sana Singh instead of molding new player like Lalchu at this time. Mehtab & Sana are way better than the players like Narender, Rahul & Pritam in defense. 

Last but not least, no need to worry about Goalkeeping dept. We are one of the best in tier2 Asian teams in GK. Though Gurpreet haven't saved even a single penalty (Iraq 2 goals (regular time) & Malysia 1 goal), he judged all 3 goal kicks correctly. Also, we have able backup options like Amrinder, Vishal, Gill & Dheeraj. 
  • samsam 16430 Points
    No Tangri please unless he can prove otherwise. Another Pranoy Haldar with unnecessary fouls, cards at wrong times
    NagendraashindiaThe real AG
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Dont see any improvement at all! Stimach is as bad as Constantine. Whats the point of these big mouth foriegn coaches if they cant deliver?  Its time to dump Stimach, Chhetri, Sandesh and other fossils. We should play long balls with counter attacks, rest is all stupidity!
    Nagendradeepak dedhaashindiagoalkeepargiridharansudheermylankal
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    I was proven correct again, Indians can't play Football, I want Modiji to ban football in India, if he does that I'll vote for him, stop wasting money on inferior indians, unless we get pios or naturalized foreginers there is no hope.
    Ronnyashindia
    I was proven correct again, Indians can't play Football, I want Modiji to ban football in India, if he does that I'll vote for him, stop wasting money on inferior indians, unless we get pios or naturalized foreginers there is no hope.
    There is one more alternative. People like you should marry women from top South American, European & African nations and fix our failed football gene. Off-late, Japan is also doing very good.. and can marry them as well. 

I'm married and don't have an option other guiding people like you to fix Indian football gene. Giridharan has done his bit by marrying North American and they have better football gene comparatively :) 
    debarghya89indian_goonerRonnygoalkeepargiridharanashindiaDeb_Bangopiajeeshsouravindia
  • goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    I'm looking for foregin woman, like Jinghan and Amrinder has already started the good work 
    ashindiaDeb_Bangopiajeeshsouravindia