2023 AFC Asian Cup - India in Group B

Comments

• goalkeepargoalkeepar Turkish occupied Cyprus29261 Points
    I honestly think we played as best as we could against Australia and Uzbekistan. The progress is there . Maybe in 10 years we might improve significantly.   
    Same thing you said 10 years back.
  • souravindiasouravindia 3595 Points
    We were poor. The players have to take blame man. How can we concede such elementary errors. People are going gaga about why we started offensive. Really? Have you checked the line up? It was 4-2-3-1 with 2 defensive midfielders infront of back 4. Man if you can't defend with 6 players, then there's a serious problem. Also all are talking about changes like Akash Mishra, Thapa and Mahesh. man these are the same players who have been in first team past 1 year right?  Today's loss is not about tactics, nor about going too offensive, cause according to me it wasnt. It was purely our lack of confidence, getting overawed for whatever reasons I dont know, panicking again and again and most importantly huge gulf in ability between the 2 countries. I am with the coach regarding tactical decisions as I do not see what else changes could have been there apart from maybe Subhashish continuing and not breaking back 4.
    Nagendradev_pfc
    We were always slower by atleast 1-2 sec, when we should have attacked the ball in spaces, we tracked back always expecting to not get to the ball, sleeping at times. Uzbekistan could have just attacked anytime and scored and that part was really scary. Indian team success was built on a few individuals who added all these diversities and unfortunately this entire diversified individuals are hurt. Stimac will have to rebuild and rethink his second group ofbwarriors and go for younger guns now, otherwise this will happen again and again. Also regarding selection, whatever I have seen it's been only past 2 years we have seen some surge in younger players in isl because of which so far we had lesser options, but now a lot more are playing.  Will Stimac be brave enough? Or he will continue like this is something we have to see
    The real AGNagendra
    Japan loose to Iraq
    The real AG
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6491 Points
    Japan loose to Iraq
    Japan dominated the game. Iraq was poor just like us. But only difference is they took their chances.

I have watched most of the West Asian games, they were also passing ball backwards or sideways, but they are converting atleast 1 chance in every 4-5 attempts and we are very poor in that aspect. 
    souravindiaRonny
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6491 Points
    edited January 19
    Few observations from last 2 games:

1. Gurpreet is not up-to the mark.
    2. Combination of Sandesh & Rahul will not work. Both are poor technically. We are missing Anwar badly. Sana would have been good with his long & accurate passes. 
    3. Poojari has poor outing. Even against Qatar, he is not good. We need fast players in full-back position. Also, he is conceding unnecessary fouls. Rahul/Asish would have been good in R.B position. 
    3. Clearly missing Jeakson & Ashique presence. Don't think we can accommodate both Anirudh & Suresh in midfield.
    4. Mandeep Singh is poor in right wing, and we are missing Chhangte in Uzebk game.
    5. Currently only Mandeep is replacement for Chettri in C.F position. Rahul KP & Vikram.P.Singh are good in work-rate. But I don't think they will add any threat while facing stronger & physical opponents.  Though Ishan Pandita is good in converting chances & also stronger, he doesn't have confidence or character to challenge defenders. Even 39-year-old 5.7 feet (our captain) challenging better than Ishan & has hunger to score goals. 

souravindiarathorevarun4 ashindiaRonnyindian_gooner
  • MaddieMaddie ಮೈಸೂರು(Mysuru) / Canada2975 Points
    I honestly think we played as best as we could against Australia and Uzbekistan. The progress is there . Maybe in 10 years we might improve significantly.   
    No, last decade i was thinking on the same line. fast forward to this day.  We might have improved but little. it is not enough,  the improvement of other footballing nations is far superior. 

until proper domestic structure, this will be like this.  Diluted competation will never get quality. 

Asia Cup/World Cup is becoming mediocrity from meritocracy 
    Nagendra said:
    Few observations from last 2 games:

1. Gurpreet is not up-to the mark.
    2. Combination of Sandesh & Rahul will not work. Both are poor technically. We are missing Anwar badly. Sana would have been good with his long & accurate passes. 
    3. Poojari has poor outing. Even against Qatar, he is not good. We need fast players in full-back position. Also, he is conceding unnecessary fouls. Rahul/Asish would have been good in R.B position. 
    3. Clearly missing Jeakson & Ashique presence. Don't think we can accommodate both Anirudh & Suresh in midfield.
    4. Mandeep Singh is poor in right wing, and we are missing Chhangte in Uzebk game.
    5. Currently only Mandeep is replacement for Chettri in C.F position. Rahul KP & Vikram.P.Singh are good in work-rate. But I don't think they will add any threat while facing stronger & physical opponents.  Though Ishan Pandita is good in converting chances & also stronger, he doesn't have confidence or character to challenge defenders. Even 39-year-old 5.7 feet (our captain) challenging better than Ishan & has hunger to score goals. 

Reason why I was and still disappointed in  loosing a player like Komal Thattal because of this shit ISL. From that u17 batch,  his skills and technique would have been a notch up than current right wingers. Also am harping upon players like Nemil for more no 10 option alongwith Sahal, as no 9 I liked whatever I have seen about Chikara as an out and out striker, people like Gurkirat but he doesn't have the pace just like Ishan whom we saw could not outpace even after getting clear spaces
    Nagendra
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    All 5 goals that were conceded by India are all from mistakes and none of them will make to to even top 50 goals of the tournament. 

We have lot of work to do at grassroots to match these countries AIFF, Govt, clubs, officials need to set priorities else we will be not improving even for next 10-15 years. PIO can max take us top 15 not more than that. 
    giridharanNagendrasouravindiaDeb_Banindian_gooner
  • EastBengalPrideEastBengalPride India9297 Points
    Seriously! People were thinking we will get points in AFC Asian Cup against Australia, Uzbekistan and Syria? Whatever stuff you all must be smoking is really good, send some please. You cant compete at this level unless you do the basics right. U13, U15, U17, U19 structures need overhaul, players at these levels need to play 50-60 matches per year. Scouting network needs overhaul. Youth coach education needs overhaul and so does referee education. Then and only then, we will have some sort of real talents coming through on regular basis at senior level. 

Professional league structures of ISL and iLeague cannot mend this systematic problems. Clubs wont invest in long term youth development if AIFF and State FAs dont provide platforms to play these teams all year around. Clubs dont go around educating youth coaches and referees, this is the job for AIFF and State FAs. 

Blame ISL, players, Stimach all we want however unless the foundation is solid, a building wont be standing up. Everything else is zumla. 
    giridharanashindiaBrainFallINDIANagendrasouravindiamohammed_87hassanindian_gooner