2023 AFC Asian Cup - India in Group B

Comments

• NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6500 Points
    Syrian team is too good. They have troubled both Australian & Uzbekistan defenders. After conceding 1st goal, they had a clear plan & limited the damage due to GD. For Syria,  it's simple now. Win next game & qualify to knock-outs. Even with a draw, they have outside chances of qualifying. 

I don't think we can win the game without having luck. For me, now,  winning,  losing or a point doesn't matter. Go for a goal. If we can score goals against Iraq, Lebanon & Kuwait,  we can score against Syria.  Also we will have an Psychological advantage since, we have defeated them earlier. 
    souravindia
  • mohammed_87hassanmohammed_87hassan Sumeet Passin FC Jupiter10448 Points
    Nagendra said:
    Japan loose to Iraq
    Japan dominated the game. Iraq was poor just like us. But only difference is they took their chances.

I have watched most of the West Asian games, they were also passing ball backwards or sideways, but they are converting atleast 1 chance in every 4-5 attempts and we are very poor in that aspect. 
    Disagree 

Japan were only threatning in last 10 minutes before that they had 1 shot on target in first 80 minutes. Iraq beat them in physicality and matched their intensity. They were better team for 80 minutes and deserved the win. Moriyasu got tactically outclassed.
    ashindiadeepak dedha
    Nagendra said:
    Japan loose to Iraq
    Japan dominated the game. Iraq was poor just like us. But only difference is they took their chances.

I have watched most of the West Asian games, they were also passing ball backwards or sideways, but they are converting atleast 1 chance in every 4-5 attempts and we are very poor in that aspect. 
    Disagree 

Japan were only threatning in last 10 minutes before that they had 1 shot on target in first 80 minutes. Iraq beat them in physicality and matched their intensity. They were better team for 80 minutes and deserved the win. Moriyasu got tactically outclassed.
    Sorry.  I didn't mean in all aspects. Here I'm referring passes ( like mispasses,  backward & sidepasses). Please check my following YouTube comment. 
    South Korea 2-2 Jordan
    Bahrain 1-0 Malaysia

After 2 games, Jordan is top of the group based on GD. Jordan topped the group in 2019 as well by defeating strong Australian team. 

Bahrain story is almost similar,  they scored a goal in 90+ min against Malaysia. Infact,  both the teams tried for a win in last 10 minutes. 

Malaysian fans trolling us after our every loss. Things got settled now 😎
    ashindiasouravindianamewtheld
    India 0-0 Syria - 51 mins
  • What a pathetic performance from indian players...
    Why Brandon is not used in whole tournament properly is beyond understanding...
    India 0-1 Syria. We lost all 3 games without scoring goal. 

Most of us know, Australia & Uzbekistan are tough teams and not easy to score against them.  But this Syrian team also looks good, considering Syria dominated the game. 0-1 score looks fair to me.

In order to beat top teams, we need to minimize the errors (Ex: out of 6, at-least 4 goals could have been easily avoidable) & we have to convert our chances, we either hit sixers or act slow in opponent box. None of the player is able to take follow-up chances. There is no proper replacement for Chhetri. Though Mahesh & Chhangte are good, we need players like them in L.W & R.W. 
  • ashindiaashindia 9254 Points
    Lot of positions need to be fixed. Also it seems like there is no natural goal scoring player left in the entire country. ISL clubs keep inflating salaries for mediocre players and none of them wants to challenge going outside India

AIFF is least bothered to improve youth competitions. They closed down Arrows and now they don't even know what to do. 
    Ronnygiridharanindian_goonerdev_pfcsouravindia
  • RonnyRonny 10461 Points
    We need Indian players in CF position in ISL and not big money foreigners
    giridharan