India vs Vietnam International Friendly: 12 October 2024

thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30240 Points
The Indian national football team, under the guidance of new head coach Manolo Márquez, is set to face Vietnam in an international friendly on October 12, 2024.

The International Friendly will be played at the GMC Thien Truong Stadium in Nam Dinh on Friday (October 12). The match will kick-off at 4:30 PM IST (Indian Standard Time). Vietnam vs India will not be live telecast on TV. Fans can watch the live stream of the match on the Fancode app and website. Originally, India, Vietnam and Lebanon were scheduled to play a tri-nation football tournament in Vietnam, but Lebanon pulled out of the tournament due to political crisis in the country.

India and Vietnam have only faced off thrice in competitive football matches. India, who are currently ranked 126th in the world, have beaten the 116th-ranked Vietnam once, whereas the Golden Star Warriors have won the other two matches. The last time these two teams locked horns in a friendly match was in September 2022, when Vietnam won 3-0.

The Blue Tigers have endured a difficult year, with no victories in 2024, and have yet to fully adapt to their new coach's tactical system. They have not registered a win in a competitive football fixture since November 2023 when they had defeated Kuwait 1-0 in a FIFA World Cup 2026 Qualifier on the back of a Manvir Singh goal. Vietnam is also navigating a transitional phase under their new coach, Kim Sang-sik. Despite high expectations, the Golden Star Dragons have had a dismal year, winning only two of their 11 matches.

With both sides in search of a confidence-boosting result, this match presents a crucial opportunity for India and Vietnam to build momentum and end their winless runs. A victory could provide much-needed positivity for either team heading into 2025.

https://www.firstpost.com/sports/football-news/india-vs-vietnam-football-friendly-date-time-venue-live-streaming-tv-channel-13824643.html

https://www.mykhel.com/football/vietnam-vs-india-live-streaming-international-friendly-live-match-details-313395.html
NagendraBrainFallINDIA

Comments

• giridharangiridharan Washington D.C4036 Points
    Like how we look at playing nepal and sri lanka to boost our confidence and win. Vietnam is inviting us after playin the big boys in asia 
    Nagendra
  • ashindiaashindia 9421 Points
    This is one of the worst Indian National teams ever. Even though we have improved in few areas there are things which we have regressed a lot especially when it comes to scoring goals. I hope they can prove me wrong though 

Here's my lineup -

Kaith - GK
    Roshan - LB
    Sana - CB
    Behke - CB
    Ashish - RB
    Jeakson - DM
    Suresh - CM
    Brandon - CM
    Changte - LW
    Vikram - RW
    Liston - ST

Bose and Manvir shouldn't even come from Bench, they simply don't deserve. Also Liston is a natural stiker, he's not physically imposing but personally I feel he can be our best bet to score goals. 

giridharanNagendra
  • souravindiasouravindia 3694 Points
    Frankly with the options we have I think below should be adopted by us

ashindiaNagendra
  • samsam 16547 Points
    LINE-UPS OUT!

India (4-2-3-1): Gurpreet (GK); Asish Rai, Bheke, Anwar, Subhasish; Apuia, Suresh; Chhangte, Brandon, Roshan; Farukh

Vietnam (3-4-3): F. Nguyen (GK); Thanh Nguyen, N. Que, Hong Phong Nguyen; Chau Ngoc Quang, To Van Vu, Le Pham Thanh Long, H. Do Thang Ching Nguyen; Hoang Duc Nguyen, Van Toan Nguyen, Bui Vui Hao

Nagendra
  • BrainFallINDIABrainFallINDIA India7398 Points
    edited October 12
    Here is the Vietnam Footballs official youtube channel match link . I think the match will be streamed here for free and it's legal.  

https://www.youtube.com/live/O6lGrp33Mos?si=5gPTmTxcWRtcv751

Plus I don't think anyone should spend even 1 rs to watch 'this' NT play .
    ashindiaNagendradebarghya89
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6792 Points
    Stupid foul by Rahul inside the box.  Luckily we saved that penalty...  GSS guessed it properly,  even it is weak shot from Vietnam captain 
    1-0 HT

Not much we could have done with goal. Maybe could have blocked it better. Scoreline is not surprising. I don't have any expectations from this team.
  • souravindiasouravindia 3694 Points
    As usual stupid play. Every time we just do ball watching instead of looking at players and their runs. Basics as usual lacking and its strange coaches try to find these basics in age old players. Subhasis Bose just is too slow to react and his weakness of right foot is clearly visible in international matches. Bheke can be good at domestic but at this level he is just very unreliable. Faruq on other hand looked good in this match but whether he can score Or Not Not sure
    edited October 12
    Finally 3rd goal scored by India in 2024. Hope Manolo realised benefit of removing crap footballer(Manvir) from lineup 

1-1 58 mins
    Nagendra
  • samsam 16547 Points

Farukh scores crucial equaliser as India plays out a 1-1 draw against Vietnam in international friendly