India vs Vietnam International Friendly: 12 October 2024

Comments

• souravindiasouravindia 3694 Points
    Better game in third quarter. Manolo needs to kick out some non performing assets, we can then Hope to play better. But overall better performance than earlier, do raising some hope
  • thebeautifulgamethebeautifulgame Durgapur,India30243 Points
  • NagendraNagendra Rajahmundry, A.P6792 Points
    sam said:
    LINE-UPS OUT!

India (4-2-3-1): Gurpreet (GK); Asish Rai, Bheke, Anwar, Subhasish; Apuia, Suresh; Chhangte, Brandon, Roshan; Farukh

Vietnam (3-4-3): F. Nguyen (GK); Thanh Nguyen, N. Que, Hong Phong Nguyen; Chau Ngoc Quang, To Van Vu, Le Pham Thanh Long, H. Do Thang Ching Nguyen; Hoang Duc Nguyen, Van Toan Nguyen, Bui Vui Hao

It is 5-4-1 formation,  Good that we are exploring new formation.  The beauty about 5-4-1 is we can switch easily to 3-4-3 during attacks , but we need 3 Good C.B . Our defenders struggled with this formation even against physically weaker vietnam players. But we need to try this as it is suitable for teams like India. Also adding Farukh gave us fresh breeze of attack. It may take some time to gel together.  I mean understanding b/w midfield & attacking line (Brandon,  Farukh & Chhangte)
  • ashindiaashindia 9425 Points
    Indian players struggled a lot physically and to be honest Vietnam is not even the most physical team in South East Asia. There were several instances where Behke, Farukh, Changte were easily brushed aside by Vietnam players. 
    souravindiaNagendragiridharangoalkeepar
    Guys who are best players in yesterday's game.  

My top 5
    Gurpreet( conceded one deflected goal, but overall he is top 4 player)
    Farooq (might have scored 1 more goal), but he looks much better than Manvir & Liston (top 2 player)
    Anwar(Struggled with 1 long ball & could have conceded a goal), but overall he had a very good game (top 2 player)
    Brandon (I feel most underrated player in Indian N.T), he might have lost possession couple of times,  but always threatening in opposite half (top 4 player)
    Suresh (again underrated player since he is not technically good), he is gelling well with all the players. He is suitable player in formations like (4-5-1, 3-4-3, 4-4-2) & may struggle with 4-3-3 formation.  (Top 5 player)
    ashindiathebeautifulgamegiridharanindian_goonergoalkeepar
    Anwar played good but he had positional issues throughout and that affected Bheke. Check this wonderful analysis and makes sense what we see

thebeautifulgameDeb_BanNagendra
    edited October 14
    Analyst is biased on Rahul Bheke. Even I like him & also he is playing for my favorite club.  Rahul had a very bad game , that's it. Everyone knows that Anwar has positional issues, that is his strongest & weakest point. Even Rahul likes going forward,  same with Anwar & Sana, that's the reason I say Anwar & Sandesh should start together as they both complement each other. 

Since, Jhingan is not fit, we are struggling. Jhingan is very good in the box & air and he hardly will play out of position.  Once,  he is back, I feel Jhingan will start along with Anwar & Bheke/Subhasish. Bheke apt for right side in 5-4-1 / 3-4-3 formation (either R.B or R.C.B)  & Subhasish apt for left side (either L.B / L.C.B)
    souravindiaashindiadeepak dedha
    Nagendra said:
    Analyst is biased on Rahul Bheke. Even I like him & also he is playing for my favorite club.  Rahul had a very bad game , that's it. Everyone knows that Anwar has positional issues, that is his strongest & weakest point. Even Rahul likes going forward,  same with Anwar & Sana, that's the reason I say Anwar & Sandesh should start together as they both complement each other. 

Since, Jhingan is not fit, we are struggling. Jhingan is very good in the box & air and he hardly will play out of position.  Once,  he is back, I feel Jhingan will start along with Anwar & Bheke/Subhasish. Bheke apt for right side in 5-4-1 / 3-4-3 formation (either R.B or R.C.B)  & Subhasish apt for left side (either L.B / L.C.B)
    I think playing out of position Or Not depends on the tactics and formation u r playing. In a 3 Man defence u should notify be caught out of position and that's tactical awareness. Same with Subhasis Bose, What should actually happen is the Central Man in defence to move up and be More adventurous as I posted in another tactical analysis earlier. Anwar being More adventurous than others should be the Central Man and link up with Midfield. I agree on the part Sandesh will plug up some holes but Anwar has to understand and have tactical awareness regarding this otherwise we will surely be on back foot in other games. With 4 mna defence though he can be More attacking
    Nagendra
    edited October 14
    Nagendra said:
    Analyst is biased on Rahul Bheke. Even I like him & also he is playing for my favorite club.
    I think playing out of position Or Not depends on the tactics and formation u r playing. In a 3 Man defence u should notify be caught out of position and that's tactical awareness. Same with Subhasis Bose, What should actually happen is the Central Man in defence to move up and be More adventurous as I posted in another tactical analysis earlier. Anwar being More adventurous than others should be the Central Man and link up with Midfield. I agree on the part Sandesh will plug up some holes but Anwar has to understand and have tactical awareness regarding this otherwise we will surely be on back foot in other games. With 4 mna defence though he can be More attacking
    Yah, makes sense.. But problem is we have very few good C.B players & need to choose from that lot.
    Mehtab looks good in ISL since he has support from foreigners in Mumbai City, same with Narender Gahlot, but I don't want them in N.T

Coach needs to give few mins to Lal (EB player), Gaurav Bora & Alex Saji (Hyd FC) prior to Asian cup qualifiers. 
  • samsam 16547 Points
    Nagendra said:
    Nagendra said:
    Analyst is biased on Rahul Bheke. Even I like him & also he is playing for my favorite club.
    Yah, makes sense.. But problem is we have very few good C.B players & need to choose from that lot.
    Mehtab looks good in ISL since he has support from foreigners in Mumbai City, same with Narender Gahlot, but I don't want them in N.T

Coach needs to give few mins to Lal (EB player), Gaurav Bora & Alex Saji (Hyd FC) prior to Asian cup qualifiers. 
    To Nunga, more NT game time? You're saying this based on what? Not his ISL performance for sure